• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, there is one other option. Corporate execs are pissed that their thunder was stolen by whoever authorized CSRs to tell customers the 9th. They put out a stop order, to make everyone think it is delayed, but will re-instate it AFTER the press release goes out, whenever it was originally planned to.

(Optimism hat firmly on, however pretty petty on the execs part if true).

Upvote 0
Let's take a step back. LTE problems would be a problem w/ all the 4g phones. To delay this phone due to LTE problems would mean they should stop selling all 4g phones. I don't see that happening nor rumors of that happening. Razor ads galore, every single night I see two+. LTE network problems are on the other side and will need to be worked out on that end. I don't see that as a reason for a push back date. I smell something else.

My guy in ATL just called and confirmed the delay email sent out to stores. He was kind enough to share his opinionated candor and claim it was due to VZ wanting to sell more "R" phones. I like this guy!

We are sooo close still!

Upvote 0
just a quick note...

if you guys are getting flustered with p3droid's tweets, please do the logical thing and simply unfollow him. for by then, sanity will have returned. :) i got irritated by his nannie nannie boo boo stick your head in doo doo schtick this morning and found that i've been saner since.

That guy is such a hard on. Why would anyone ever let him test their product? If he can rub people the wrong way in 140 characters, I can't imagine how grating he must be in person.

Reactions: Premium1
Upvote 0
so after the high of being able to have the nexus in my hands yesterday, i just got a call from my verizon rep this morning letting me know that the release got pushed back and as of now i wont be able to get my phone of Friday :(

I tried to fish for information, he said the district manager had called and mentioned and gave them the order to hold off. No word yet on when the new release day will be. He then said something about court litigations regarding the phone but he didnt sounds like he really knew much about it - that part sounded more like he went online and was reading rumors or something. In any case...i guess the waiting game continues (sigh)

I am calling BS on this one. District Manager wouldn't have to call and say hold off if nothing official has been announced thereby there is nothing to call off.

How come no one is screaming about Google? I mean really their stake in this game is far more then VZW and well last I looked they are a lot bigger. Why are they playing patty-cake?

Upvote 0
This sort of thing has never happened with the iPhone...Apple says it is being released on whatever date and it is released on THAT date.
Quite the opposite.

Apple missed their yearly refresh of the iPhone 4S by almost 6months.

Yes, they officially told everyone that the date was pushed back, but didn't give an exact date until it was eminent.

In contrast, Verizon has said "this year", and still hasn't defaulted on that. I don't see the gripe.

Upvote 0
I just got back from a new VZW non-Corporate store very close to me. Very nice layout, beautiful store.

The sales guy was very nice when I asked him about the Nexus. His response was "The bad news is I spoke with a friend who works for Google last night and he told me the VZW launch has been delayed until January".

He admitted he couldn't be 100% sure, but he said "I'm just telling you what he told me".

You know what? I wouldn't be surprised. In the NY area we're still waiting for the 'New FIOS TV' updates for ONE YEAR, so what's another month for a phone.

Sorry but we've heard the January rumor before, and I personally don't believe it. Unless we start hearing reports of stores sending back their current stock of phones, I doubt they're going to sit on it for another month.

Upvote 0
rain+on+parade1292539657.jpg

Upvote 0
Methinks maybe Verizon really does care about this phone after all. They seem to have no problem with releasing crappy bug-ridden Moto and HTC phones every other month. But it seems they really want to get the Nexus right the first time. This may turn out to be a good thing people. They know how big this phone will be in the market, they want it to be the best it can be. Or they're just being jerks and are delaying it to sell more RAZRs.

Upvote 0
I was under the impression that you could return an activated phone up until January 15th. Can someone let me know because today would be 14 days with my RAZR and I'll bring it back if that's the case.

Best thing I can tell you to do is to call the store you purchased it at and ask them. If they say Jan 15th have them note it for you! Luckily I just found my wifes eris and I can return up until Sunday. So if there is no launch on Friday which is what it looks like now I will be rocking the Eris until the GN launches or another phone I want is out....

Upvote 0
Thanks Han.:(

What unfortunate news to logon to this morning, especially when it seemed so close...Still, with all the stores ACTUALLY receiving stock in the last few days, at least some of us will be able to go actually get a hands on with an in-store unit :rolleyes: Yeah, not much a consolation prize, but its something.
What I'm more concerned about is if the delay really is due to continuing problems with the "amazing" LTE network! Is it just that its still relatively new, and still unstable, or is this what we have to look forward to with LTE in general--really fast (but highly unstable infrastructure) not sure that is a great tradeoff:thinking:

The higher you go in the radio spectrum the more unstable things become. I know that Motorola took the better part of a decade to make our 800mhz acceptable.

Upvote 0
Methinks maybe Verizon really does care about this phone after all. They seem to have no problem with releasing crappy bug-ridden Moto and HTC phones every other month. But it seems they really want to get the Nexus right the first time. This may turn out to be a good thing people. They know how big this phone will be in the market, they want it to be the best it can be. Or they're just being jerks and are delaying it to sell more RAZRs.

Verizon knows how big this phone is.

Upvote 0
Yesterday, it was the Rezound being all crappy because of the bad LTE radio.

Verizon had a large-scale service problem within the last 36 hours.

It had zero to do with phone models.

When phones reported reliably to work suddenly fail based on region - it's the carrier.

So that's what the hell was going on last night. Was wondering why my Rezound kept dropping to 3G and stayed at 1x a while before I went to bed.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones