• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Methinks maybe Verizon really does care about this phone after all. They seem to have no problem with releasing crappy bug-ridden Moto and HTC phones every other month. But it seems they really want to get the Nexus right the first time. This may turn out to be a good thing people. They know how big this phone will be in the market, they want it to be the best it can be. Or they're just being jerks and are delaying it to sell more RAZRs.

Very optimistic, and I am impressed coming from you... and you ruined it ;) haha j/k. I think you're right about Verizon (the first part). They are excited about this phone and the way it has been recieved. They want it to stay that way, and not be dragged through the mud by bugs.

Upvote 0
So that's what the hell was going on last night. Was wondering why my Rezound kept dropping to 3G and stayed at 1x a while before I went to bed.

I'm guessing Verizon never informed you that their 4G/LTE network was having problems and that you were just left wondering? :rolleyes: They should easily be able to send a message to those who are affected informing you of the situation, it would be so quick/easy to do so and go a long way imho.

Upvote 0
The higher you go in the radio spectrum the more unstable things become. I know that Motorola took the better part of a decade to make our 800mhz acceptable.

what?
USA Carrier - Voice Frequencies (MHz) - 3G - 4G
AT&T - 850 / 1900 - 850 / 1900 - 700
Metro PCS - 1900/ AWS - 1900/ AWS - AWS
Sprint 1900 - 1900 - 2500 -
T-Mobile - 1900 - AWS - AWS
Verizon - 850 / 1900 - 850/ 1900 - 700

a higher band has less penetration (think buildings) but higher transfer rate.

Upvote 0
I was under the impression that you could return an activated phone up until January 15th. Can someone let me know because today would be 14 days with my RAZR and I'll bring it back if that's the case.

I verified with customer service online last Thursday that the holiday policy applied to activated or non activated phones. I was assured that my rent a Rezound was good for return up to the 15th of January. I also had them note that on my account for additional confirmation.

I would call back and get them to do this for you.

Reactions: ruestor
Upvote 0
My receipt from my acccessories order via telesales shows:

SAMI515BATX:SAM NEXUS
SAMI515SILHGBLK CAS:SAM NE

Says 2 day Fedex shipping, so Friday delivery.

NOTE: The Living Social deal takes $25 off, then another $25 off. So the prices are skewed.

Attachments

• receipt.jpg
    receipt.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 98
Upvote 0
Quite the opposite.

Apple missed their yearly refresh of the iPhone 4S by almost 6months.

Yes, they officially told everyone that the date was pushed back, but didn't give an exact date until it was eminent.

In contrast, Verizon has said "this year", and still hasn't defaulted on that. I don't see the gripe.

Wait, wait...you are saying Apple had their big release event, announced a release date and missed it by six months?

Reactions: moondrius
Upvote 0
I'm as frustrated as the rest of you that this phone is possibly being delayed yet again. But let's put this in perspective. There are kids who will go to bed hungry tonight and have no reason to be excited about the holidays.

Take a break from hating on Verizon and do something nice for someone else today. It will feel great to finally have this phone in hand, but in the meantime, knowing you made some kid's eyes light up on Christmas morning will be even better...

Upvote 0
I'm as frustrated as the rest of you that this phone is possibly being delayed yet again. But let's put this in perspective. There are kids who will go to bed hungry tonight and have no reason to be excited about the holidays.

Take a break from hating on Verizon and do something nice for someone else today. It will feel great to finally have this phone in hand, but in the meantime, knowing you made some kid's eyes light up on Christmas morning will be even better...

I am not sure what you are suggesting, giving to charity? I always give as much as I can every year, but I still want my Nexus Prime.

Upvote 0
I wonder how much of this info is actually real?

I wonder if that internal memo was simply changed to "coming soon" because they didn't like their release date bandied around by all the blogs before they could officially announce?

I wonder how many here are making stuff up about their store managers saying it's been pushed back (you know there's got to be a few; although I'm not calling anyone out in particular because I don't remember who said what, and there could also be store reps repeating what they see on the internet).

I just smell so much BS in the air for some reason.

I call for having Steven and OTD contact their store reps and give us the info they get.

Upvote 0
I am calling BS on this one. District Manager wouldn't have to call and say hold off if nothing official has been announced thereby there is nothing to call off.

How come no one is screaming about Google? I mean really their stake in this game is far more then VZW and well last I looked they are a lot bigger. Why are they playing patty-cake?

thats exactly what he said and just passing it along. how accurate his information is, remains to be seen. The second part of it especially.. about the court thing. Either way, he cant sell me the phone this friday anymore. he said he would call me back once they get the go ahead again

Upvote 0
Quite the opposite.

Apple missed their yearly refresh of the iPhone 4S by almost 6months.

Yes, they officially told everyone that the date was pushed back, but didn't give an exact date until it was eminent.

In contrast, Verizon has said "this year", and still hasn't defaulted on that. I don't see the gripe.

False, apple never gave a date of when it was supposed to be released. Apple gives a date and makes it.

Reactions: eibook
Upvote 0
I just spoke to my local Verizon store and they told me that it was supposed to be released tomorrow, but that has been pushed back to the 15th of December. First time I have gotten a difinitive response from them, so hopefully it's for real.

Welcome, and thanks for the info! I do believe the 15th was a guess by your store, the manager I talked to said that he hadn't got a new date yet. Only that he thought it would be soon since the phones are in the store, but again, that is a guess on his part.

Upvote 0
i'm as frustrated as the rest of you that this phone is possibly being delayed yet again. But let's put this in perspective. There are kids who will go to bed hungry tonight and have no reason to be excited about the holidays.

Take a break from hating on verizon and do something nice for someone else today. It will feel great to finally have this phone in hand, but in the meantime, knowing you made some kid's eyes light up on christmas morning will be even better...

+ ∞! :)

Upvote 0

so true...well said

Reactions: kklier
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones