• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite part of this thread, I'm one of the few from the first few pages that has read every single post made from page 1 to (Currently) 48. Awesome? Yup. Embarrassing? Probably. Ready for the Prime or SGSII HD LTE? Abso-friggin-lutely.

Right there with ya! Well...I wasn't here for the very first post but I did read the first couple of pages to catch up and have read every single one since. Yeah...we are winners at life! :D

I'm watching it live on Ustream!

No sir! Not me! They probably run some hypnotic message through the stream that makes an iZombie out of you. No thank you! :thinking::)

Upvote 0
I'm prepared for such tactics and prepared my aluminum foil helmet for the event, and of course I have eye protection....safety first!
images

Upvote 0
Vigor! RT @TeamAndIRC: hello root on <unreleased awesome phone>

@droid_life tisk tisk never said vigor

Edit: @droid_life @TeamAndIRC Weird how there's no leaked pics of the Nexus Prime anywhere...

@SupaDupaMane @droid_life wait a week

@TeamAndIRC ::sigh:: I need to save my money for a vigor, don't I?

@ridobe no, save it for another phone.

First off, I work nights and I tend to have a lot of time on my hands. Followed the above twitter conversation earlier. So surely it's the Vigor that they have rooted. Right?

Upvote 0
the selection of vanilla android widgets is flat out embarrassing.

Have to agree. As much as I loved the vanilla feel of my OG, some of the widgets on my Bionic are pretty sweet. The favorites for one is really convenient (though the Contacts widget from LPP was nice too).
I have to say, Blur (in its newest incarnation), isn't so bad. ROMs are coming and bloat is removed, so I don't really care that much. But, I'm still likely to get the NP and pass on the Bionic to my wife.

Upvote 0
the selection of vanilla android widgets is flat out embarrassing.
I guess if you ignore the Android Market and its bazillion apps with exotic and eclectic widgets, then vanilla Android is a little plain -- but then you'd be missing the whole point of the incredibly customizable Android experience!

Reactions: kyler13
Upvote 0
I would have thought that the on screen buttons would have been much lower on the device. Seems like a lot of real estate between the bottom of the device and the on screen buttons.... I am hoping this is not it...

Agreed, there's a lot of space hanging off the bottom that I don't like. If this actually turns out to be only 4.3" of usable screen (web, ebook, movies, etc.) I'll be very disappointed. Hopefully it's just 4.3" when the buttons are on (homescreen, etc.).

This looks legit, though. I don't think it's photo-shopped, and there's no other phone out there that has software buttons yet.

I do like the rounded edges, though. I'm tired of the Droid box design.

Upvote 0
All I know is that I'm going to try very hard to not be angry or overly upset if this doesn't live up to my every standard.

We have hyped this phone up so much that we're all bound to be disappointed with some of its features.

I don't know about VZ_wired's "VERY HAPPY" remark, though. Seems he doesn't know us very well! :p

Upvote 0
4.3 Screen at 1280 x 720 = 3.42 DPI

From the screen readout, the screen DPI = 320. Does not Compute.

1280^2 + 720^2 = x^2
x = ~1468

Calculated screen size = 1468.6/320 = 4.58 :eek:

Moral, wait till we get more info :cool:

Thanks Yawdapaah! I knew there was a reason we kept your monkey face around! :D

Edit: Although the screen shot says it's 1184x720, not 1280.

How does that compute, math wiz?

Upvote 0
4.3 Screen at 1280 x 720 = 3.42 DPI

From the screen readout, the screen DPI = 320. Does not Compute.

1280^2 + 720^2 = x^2
x = ~1468

Calculated screen size = 1468.6/320 = 4.58 :eek:

Moral, wait till we get more info :cool:

The text of the article has this to say:

"And don't be confused by the strange 1184 x 720 pixels resolution that appears on the system info. That's just the active area of the screen, with the status bar on the top and the three soft buttons on the bottom not counted. The Samsung Nexus Prime will surely come with a regular 1280 x 720 pixels screen."

Is it possible that you factored in the full 1280 in your calculations while the phone is counting only 1184? Would that change your mathematical outcome? It's a little early for me to be doing math...

EDIT: Oh YEAH! I likes 4.6 a WHOLE lot better!

Upvote 0
The big bezel at the bottom is likely a cosmetic touch to balance out the phone with the big bezel at the TOP for the earphone, FFC and the logo. Otherwise it would admittedly look bottom-heavy. I like.

And maybe we'll get some more leaks of the thing between now and 10/11. I'd love to see what the whole phone looks like :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones