• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root **Official GB leak 2 thread** (was Anyone get OTA 4.5.588? Possibly Gingerbread OTA?)

Have you tried a third party messaging app like Handcent?

Not sure, really, I'm just wondering if it's something associated with your SMS database that's causing the lag (thus will affect other text messaging apps), or if it's just the app itself.

I tried the signed AOSP that Fab posted a while back and it was still there. I'm downloading Handcent now to see.

Upvote 0
just wanted to pop over here and add my $.02.

not a huge modder anymore. Used to be in the WinMo days, but now, Froyo has been stable and did everything I needed, so never rooted, etc.

recently started having some issues with my phone hardware, so wiped it and installed the leaked OTA GB (non-rooted) and after install, a quick wipe, its working beautifully. nice and fast, even faster than a stock Froyo with LauncherProPlus.

Thanks to everyone for the posts, made it nice and easy!

Upvote 0
Just install it right over the leak. Mine is done, rebooting now.

Wait so if your on the leaked GB you can just install the 3 files over it? without wiping data or cache?

Ive tried to use RSD lite 4.8 and 4.9 but my device wont show up. And im sure my drivers are updated because nothing pops up when i switch threw the usb connections.

So as of now i can't SBF to save my life even if i really needed to.

Upvote 0
Got the newest leak installed this morning and changed the battery icons to better match the stock notification icons.

snap20110414_123348.png

Airmaxx, anyway you could turn thar circle clock mod into a zip and share?

Upvote 0
I know we are to use the D2 Bootstrapper for the GB to work, but what about after we install GB ? do we also need to install the X version as well? or delete the D2 version after we are up and running then put the X version back onto phone? if we just leave the D2 version and only the D2 version, will everything else work without issue?:thinking:
the DX version doesn't work with GB. just leave the D2 version on there for your bootstrapping needs

Upvote 0
Wait so if your on the leaked GB you can just install the 3 files over it? without wiping data or cache?

Ive tried to use RSD lite 4.8 and 4.9 but my device wont show up. And im sure my drivers are updated because nothing pops up when i switch threw the usb connections.

So as of now i can't SBF to save my life even if i really needed to.

No...the deodexed file can be installed right over the newest leak (3 files) once you install them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones