• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root **Official GB leak 2 thread** (was Anyone get OTA 4.5.588? Possibly Gingerbread OTA?)

Got the newest leak installed this morning and changed the battery icons to better match the stock notification icons.

snap20110414_123348.png

Gimme! Gimme!!! Or I'll throw myself down, kick and scream!!!!!

Reactions: gmenfan83
Upvote 0
Gimme! Gimme!!! Or I'll throw myself down, kick and scream!!!!!

Sure!! thankx!!

I am about to change the 3G to 4G logo :D I like to fool my friends lol

Here ya go...I darkened them up just a little so they would match the other blue icons a little better. Unzip the pack and then use NinjaMorph to replace the stock images.

Battery Icons

Upvote 0
not sure , either try to redownload it or try airmaxx link in the deodex thread
CONFUSED? FOUND THIS THREAD?
I believe that if you turn off USB debugging that the DROID X bootstrapper will work...but the D2 bootstrapper will work completely fine...

You will use the DX bootstrapper to flash GB though....the D2 bootstrapper only comes into play once you have GB installed...

DO i use the X version to get GB on the phone then use D2 version after GB is loaded?

Upvote 0
CONFUSED? FOUND THIS THREAD?
I believe that if you turn off USB debugging that the DROID X bootstrapper will work...but the D2 bootstrapper will work completely fine...

You will use the DX bootstrapper to flash GB though....the D2 bootstrapper only comes into play once you have GB installed...

DO i use the X version to get GB on the phone then use D2 version after GB is loaded?
you use the d2 version to get gb on your device, once its installed etc. you can use dx version to backup, restore, install etc as long as usb debugging is off

Upvote 0
Got a bootlooping phone now :(:(
I loaded GB and got things running. It just wasn't for me.
I shut the phone off and got RSD Lite running and SBF'd the phone back to 340 stock. It took it OK and i rebooted the phone but it now bootloops at the screen animation.

I re-SBF'd the phone 3 times and once without the SD card. It still just bootloops at the animation.............RSD Lite shows the phone as "S FLASH OMAP3630MI" ????

Any ideas....................less stressed this time around but still VERY stressed ! LOL

Upvote 0
you use the d2 version to get gb on your device, once its installed etc. you can use dx version to backup, restore, install etc as long as usb debugging is off

IF i want to backup ,restore, install, after GB IS ON MY PHONE AND RUNNING, then i also want the X VERSION on my phone as well? so i will have both in my app drawer? will that cause conflict?

sorry i just dont get it:thinking:

Upvote 0

P3 stated you have to use the D2 for the new leak - it's in the original thread. Anyone who can find it let me know and I will dropbox it. It is freely available and the donation is a choice.

Upvote 0
P3 stated you have to use the D2 for the new leak - it's in the original thread. Anyone who can find it let me know and I will dropbox it. It is freely available and the donation is a choice.
hmmmm, well i have been using dx bootstrap to do numerous things since last night and all has gone well, as a matter of fact i just used it for the deodex zip

Upvote 0
IF i want to backup ,restore, install, after GB IS ON MY PHONE AND RUNNING, then i also want the X VERSION on my phone as well? so i will have both in my app drawer? will that cause conflict?

sorry i just dont get it:thinking:
no it will not conflict, i am able to use dx version but if you feel better go ahead and use the d2 version

Upvote 0
Got a bootlooping phone now :(:(
I loaded GB and got things running. It just wasn't for me.
I shut the phone off and got RSD Lite running and SBF'd the phone back to 340 stock. It took it OK and i rebooted the phone but it now bootloops at the screen animation.

I re-SBF'd the phone 3 times and once without the SD card. It still just bootloops at the animation.............RSD Lite shows the phone as "S FLASH OMAP3630MI" ????

Any ideas....................less stressed this time around but still VERY stressed ! LOL

When you bootloop after sbf, try wiping the data/cache. Go into stock recovery by holding the home button down while powering on until you get to the \!/ then hit the search button. That will bring you to stock recovery. Select factory/data wipe. When done scroll to reboot and let us know if that helps.

Reactions: lennydude
Upvote 0
no it will not conflict, i am able to use dx version but if you feel better go ahead and use the d2 version

after i have both in my app drawer, after i install GB, should i just hide the D2 VERSION? i still cant find a free link to D2 bootstrapper that will show on my sd card? help? the mediafire link shows it was successful, but cant find it on my phone afterwards ??:thinking:

Upvote 0
after i have both in my app drawer, after i install GB, should i just hide the D2 VERSION? i still cant find a free link to D2 bootstrapper that will show on my sd card? help? the mediafire link shows it was successful, but cant find it on my phone afterwards ??:thinking:
did you download it from your device itself?if so the apk for d2 bootstrap will be in the download/ folder

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones