• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official Netflix in Market for Evo 4g 2.x

Can anyone report whether or not this app supports closed captions for the hearing impaired? I don't want to restart my Netflix membership only to find it doesn't have closed captions and I can't refund the monthly rental fee.

I'm hearing impaired and can't watch movies without closed captions. Can someone test this? Subtitles would be good but both subtitles and closed captions would encourage me to re-join Netflix.

Upvote 0
Can anyone report whether or not this app supports closed captions for the hearing impaired? I don't want to restart my Netflix membership only to find it doesn't have closed captions and I can't refund the monthly rental fee.

I'm hearing impaired and can't watch movies without closed captions. Can someone test this? Subtitles would be good but both subtitles and closed captions would encourage me to re-join Netflix.

sorry... i could not find the closed caption settings..

reading this article.. at the end:

Netflix releases Android app for select HTC phones, Samsung Nexus S -- Engadget

"In other Netflix news, the company has also rolled out a little gift for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch users -- the iOS app now finally boasts support for subtitles."

so.. i would guess.. you are SOL.. :thinking:

ps.. my data consumption will go way up!!!

Upvote 0
sorry... i could not find the closed caption settings..

reading this article.. at the end:

Netflix releases Android app for select HTC phones, Samsung Nexus S -- Engadget

"In other Netflix news, the company has also rolled out a little gift for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch users -- the iOS app now finally boasts support for subtitles."

so.. i would guess.. you are SOL.. :thinking:

ps.. my data consumption will go way up!!!
Thank you very much for testing this, much appreciated. I'll keep an eye on this app as they might implement CC and subs at a later date.

Yeah, lol, your data consumption is going to soar.

Upvote 0
Running Great!!! :D Can't complain about the performance :)

...However, the netflix app sucks. I highly doubt there's any way that it could be a worse than this steaming bowl of crap that they served up to the android market.

Edit: On the bright side, I guess we can chalk this up as yet ANOTHER first for the Evo!
Errr... what exactly is wrong with it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones