• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[OFFICIAL SOLUTION FAQ] Having trouble with your EVO 3D? Click here!

my point to make is that you have NOT factory reset as you mentioned in your post. if you have you would have had to setup the phone as if it were fresh out of the box.

so can you remove the SD card? just plug it into the computer.

if you need phone numbers/texts, those wont be avail to retrieve off the card, but for music and such, they should be on the sd card, so try that way.

Upvote 0
Hello all! I know this is an old issue and the phone that I have is as old as life it's self but I hope that I can find some help here! I know there are sever threads covering this issue but I have not found any that covers the ENITRE issue that I am having.

Okay, now for my problem....

Of course my phone died (battery). I put it on the charger and powered it up. The phone stuck on Sprint screen for several days. This is the second time this has happened. The first time I was unable to use recovery but I was able to do a factory reset. THIS TIME I am unable to do anything. On factory reset, the phone goes to green icon and then it turns into the red exclamation. Same thing with recovery. I have tried the wipe/factory reset...I get an error there "E:can't open /cache/recovery/command" and I get that on all options in Sys recovery menu. I have read several threads on using fastboot but I have learned that there is more to it that plugging in the USB and recovering the phone.

To help answer some of the questions here are the details on the HBoot menu:
****Locked****
Shooter XC Ship S-On RL
HBoot - 1.58.0000
Radio - 1.09.00.0108
OpenADSP - v02.6.0226.00.0217
eMMC-boot

The phone has never been rooted and everything is stock.
I have seen that it can be recovered through Hboot menu but I'm not deep into this side of things so I will need detailed instructions if possible. I have an HTC Evo 3d and my PC is Mac OSX.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones