• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Official] Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE Pre-release thread - Sprint official launch is Saturday, June 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone notice how over all the twists and turns of the topics discussed in this thread, once the delay occurred there was never another mention of how odd this phone looks?

There really must be something to the whole 'hard to get' thing that makes someone/thing seem more desirable/attractive (not that the LTEvo isn't desirable for a myriad of other reasons, but looks certainly at the bottom of that list).

Personally, I like the look. Not everyone wants an iPhone clone. But, as I've said before, I liked the look of the G1 while everyone said it was ugly, so maybe I've got different tastes than everyone else.

Reactions: Chief YYZ
Upvote 0
Well I'm heading out of town on Thursday which means that I won't be able to get my phone until Monday at the earliest...dang. Unless of course I can find a Best Buy or RS in Winston Salem that will sell one to me...and then I have a $50 gift card from RS. I probably won't be able to wait so I'll play it by ear on Friday morning.

Oh by the way, My Choice from UPS alerted me yesterday I would receive a package today even though through tracking numbers it said it would arrive tomorrow. Well it didn't get here today and tracking just updated that it made it to the state about 30 minutes ago. So don't trust My Choice...go with what the tracking says.

Have you heard of any radioshack news? Im feeling really left out right now... And in the dark.. Lol.. Someone help!

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
Sent a tweet to ISN... He stated that he believes radioshack preorderes will get the call no later than Friday.. And that he thinks their internal communications is really lacking.... Hope he's right! He's been dead on so far!

I think it's exactly that ... lack of internal communications - and of course external to their customers. I didn't order from RS, but, I suspect no one is going to get left out in the cold - especially pre-orders, regardless where they come from.

Needless to say, I'd walk in tomorrow afternoon and check. :) Good luck!

Reactions: 3vodroid
Upvote 0
I know EarlyMon posted the link earlier (excuse the pun) but for the sake of repetition and pure excitment here's the leaked doc that shows BB will fulfill pre-orders starting tomorrow Thursday the 24th:

credit: AC

bbm_evo4glte.jpg

Upvote 0
lolz us two poor souls that purchased at RS...man if RS doesn't have it and I find out BB does tomorrow. My butt is heading to BB.

I second that motion!

I think it's exactly that ... lack of internal communications - and of course external to their customers. I didn't order from RS, but, I suspect no one is going to get left out in the cold - especially pre-orders, regardless where they come from.

Needless to say, I'd walk in tomorrow afternoon and check. :) Good luck!

I have to say.. i agree with you on that one.. and they can expect me bugging them all day tomorrow!

Someone get him a light or sparkler. He's in the dark.:D

Even my streamlight stinger DS couldnt pierce the darkness that RS has left me in... yes.. i just went there.. man im a nerd...

P.S. i tweeted over to RS also and got a speedy response saying that they are working as hard as they can on getting them to the stores before the weekend.... so burgertime.. same thing they mentioned on our facebook post.. i just got nervous when i went to my RS today and was told by an associate that they will be there next week.. just again solidifies thier lack of internal communication.

Upvote 0
okay, BIG NEWS for BB pre-orders guys and gals:

i just walked into my BB where i pre-ordered LTEVO and spoke to the mobile manager. to make sure there is no confusion I am going to post the news in conversation format as it happened so you all know how it was told to me!

ME: I need the LTEVO (haha), when are you getting them in?

MAN: well, just got off the phone with my regional manager about an hour ago. The phones have been held up in customs for about a month now but they ARE on the way to the stores. we have a truck coming in tomorrow at 6:30pm and I am being told to fully anticipate and EXPECT the EVO's to be on that truck from my Boss (keep in mind his boss is the regional manager).

ME: Great so does that mean you will start selling them Friday, or will i have to wait for an official "release date" since the first one got botched?

MAN: as far as Best Buy is concerned, the release date was 5/18/2012 and the phones will be sold as soon as they are on hand. what I would do if i were you is give me a call around 7:30 or so tomorrow to give me time to inventory the truck and then ask to make sure we got them in. If i tell you that we got them then you can come straight in tomorrow night (that will be thursday night) and pick yours up since it released last friday.

ME: great! i will certainly do that!

MAN: have you held the plastic model of the EVO LTE?

ME: no i haven't

MAN: (hands me plastic model) it's a lot thinner than any of the reviews make it look. those corners make it look a lot fatter in pictures than it is in your hand.

ME: holy crap it does (haha) compared to the OG EVO this thing is paper thin!

MAN: that kickstand is just a dumby unit and the real one is going to be a lot stronger and able to hold the phone up easily on both sides, its just for looks on that model. I'm really glad it has the camera button though, that is a feature that i miss a lot from the old clamshell phone days.

ME: I completely agree, my phone is aging on me quick after the announcement of LTEVO

MAN: (chuckles) i've heard it called that on a few websites! I'm not much for posting on those forums but they sure are good for finding out what is going on with these things. management is kinda slow, i haven't heard anything about it being let go from customs until my phone call this afternoon.

ME: yea i tend to get addicted to androidforums.com during these phone releases, its just too easy to get swept up in.

(another customer walks up)

ME: well i'll let you get back to your job, have a great night! I'll be calling tomorrow!

MAN: you too! i'll try and have one pulled off and back here by the shelf tomorrow night when you call so you won't have to wait!

ME: Thanks! (walks out of store)

well, it may be a bit more than you expected, but i figured i had to include everything!

Id like to confess... i havent even held ltevo yet... but i can tell you that while i was in best buy today i was holding onto the platic model of the one x.. ( pretending that it was really ltevo.. of course...)

Upvote 0
I am so upset. I ordered my phone in the first 5 mins on the 7th of May and it is looking like my phone has not been shipped today. Looks as though BB orders and others will get their phones before I will and some that ordered after the 7th. Very fustrating and Sprint will hear plenty from me about it. Especially when they said that I will get my phone on or before the 24th.

Upvote 0
I am so upset. I ordered my phone in the first 5 mins on the 7th of May and it is looking like my phone has not been shipped today. Looks as though BB orders and others will get their phones before I will and some that ordered after the 7th. Very fustrating and Sprint will hear plenty from me about it. Especially when they said that I will get my phone on or before the 24th.

Have you tried using your account number to look up your tracking number? It's possible something happened with the email but it's still coming.

Upvote 0

I get you're upset, but try to calm down. Just because you didn't get emailed a tracking number doesn't mean you won't get it when everyone else does. Secondly, even if you don't, this is an unusual circumstance. Sprint and HTC have done the best they can in a bad situation that was beyond their control. Just be happy the delay was only a week and not the possible two months it COULD have been.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hahaha I sent that in. It's cool to send in leaked stuff and to see it on a big blogg.

OK. Well, if you'd like to try Phandroid.com next time, you can post it here and hit the Tip button next to your post, or email press@phandroid.com - in any case, glad you you got the word out. :)

Upvote 0
If you bought it within 7 minutes of the 9AM pre-release, "when" you would get the phone and any alleged promises of delivery date were not an influencing factor in your purchasing decision then and did not induce reliance, am I understanding this correct?

Upvote 0
No call Sprint now and have them move up your date. They did it for me. But you want it noted tonight so hopefully it gets done 1st thing in the am. Mine didn't go through and I called back the other day to complain and they fixed it right then and there. They even called me back to tell me it was doen for sure this time. Cause I was supposed to get a call on the 18th when it had gone through from a Sprint rep who didn't follow through and luckily I noticed online it said 6/1 and I called Sprint right away and they fixed it.

Is anyone in the June 1 boat as me (EVO3D)?? I pre ordered from Best Buy Mobile thinking it wouldnt be a big issue to move the upgrade from June 1 to May 18.. Guess I will end up losing my pre order since i doubt Best buy would hold it for a week.

Upvote 0
So does this mean if my BB gets there shipment in tomorrow they can sell it and not wait till Friday. As of tonight he said it wasn't on there night shipment and that they get 2 shipments a day aside from there big trucks on Mon and Thurs which don't have phones. I asked if it did come tomorrow could I come get it and he said they would work with me. I have to work at 2:30 in the afternoon so I would love to get there around 12 or 12:30 even 1:00 and get it before work. That would be so cool! Cause I am off Friday and have a couple appointments and if I get it tomorrow when I get off work I can come home and mess with it.

Hahaha I sent that in. It's cool to send in leaked stuff and to see it on a big blogg.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones