• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Okay Bravo users convince me.

hp942

Jan 21, 2011
I am ready for an upgrade. I was dead set on the Captivate but have been reading some negative reviews. I currently have a Samsung Eternity that is a couple years old and just now starting to develop touch screen problems. Wirefly has the Bravo free right now.........sounds like a deal. I understand Motorola and Samsung are supposedly coming out with new 4g phones. I live out in the sticks and 4g will probably non existent. Should I buy the Bravo or wait on the Atrix or Infuse? I am not a "power user" I would email, surf, navigate and keep my calendar. Thanks for you imput.

I also had an Eternity and it served me well, and in fact since my daughters cell phone just died, she now uses the Eternity.
If you liked the Eternity, you will LOVE the Bravo!
I like it so much better than my Samsung Galaxy S phone (Vibrant) because it runs so much smoother in most every way. The only thing that my Vibrant has over my Bravo is the camera is a bit better. Other than that, my Bravo runs smoother in every way.
The Samsung Galaxy X phones look good on paper, but I have talked to several people who have them with all the different carriers, and many of them have similar problems such as freezing up, random restarts, and significant lag. Too many quirky Galaxy X's out there to take a chance, and if I had known the problems I would have, I would have passed on it.

Upvote 0
read the reviews on the At&T site. it's the only 5 star phone they have, and the reviews are all glowing, except for one guy who says there's no way to increase font size (which there is, he's just a moron)

I bought mine at thanksgiving, and loved it so much I bought another for my wife at christmas, and now I'm thinking of buying a third one for my son

I'm not sure what you're looking for in a phone, but the only negative I can find with it is the camera doesn't have a flash. other than that it's a perfect phone

I really really really love the widget available that lets you toggle wifi, GPS, bluetooth, and different levels of screen brightness all from your home screen. It's wonderful, but i'm not sure it that's a standard android app or a motobur ap. I've got no problems with motoblur. As long as I don't have 50 programs running at once, the phone runs great.

Upvote 0
I am ready for an upgrade. I was dead set on the Captivate but have been reading some negative reviews. I currently have a Samsung Eternity that is a couple years old and just now starting to develop touch screen problems. Wirefly has the Bravo free right now.........sounds like a deal. I understand Motorola and Samsung are supposedly coming out with new 4g phones. I live out in the sticks and 4g will probably non existent. Should I buy the Bravo or wait on the Atrix or Infuse? I am not a "power user" I would email, surf, navigate and keep my calendar. Thanks for you imput.

sounds like the bravo is right up you alley then, the captivate has an EXCELLENT display but issues plague it somewhat. EVERYTHING works on the bravo. Go to an att store and look at it in person

Upvote 0
read the reviews on the At&T site. it's the only 5 star phone they have, and the reviews are all glowing...
That's EXACTLY what I did the other day--and ended up choosing the Bravo.

Seriously, after looking through phone after phone, comparing features, looking at ratings, etc., I was tired and just wanted to choose one I'd be happy with and move on. So I went back and concentrated on the various phones' ratings, and was wowed by the Bravo and its 5 stars!

I've had it less than 2 days so I'm still getting to know it, but so far I love it. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones