• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root One click root

Upvote 0

Awesome find. Thanks for posting that. I just rooted my D2 using the no PC method. It took longer to dropbox the files onto the phone than to do the actual rooting (mainly because reception in my work building sucks).

I did have to reprogram my phone with *228 to regain data, though (unless that was coincidental, again considering my reception at work).

Upvote 0
One of the one click developers, Unstable Apps who made EasyRoot, has basically said that it is not going to happen any time soon.

Having had a rooted Eris and waiting for things like A2SD and such, I learned that in this world, "it's going to be a while" means a few days :D
It's crazy how things can change so fast with these phones!

I'm just got my D2 yesterday. Not going to root it until after my 30 days probably(if i can wait that long).
Hopefully the 1-click root is available. If not, i'll just have to get my hands dirty ;)

Upvote 0
That's correct. :)

In some cases you might end up having to do a Factory Reset as a part of installing a new ROM, but I believe Epic installs trouble-free over the stock ROM w/out wiping data at this point.

I installed it this evening, and it did install over top of the stock ROM. The only thing I had to do was delete and replace all of my widgets, as they were showing "Problem Displaying Widget" or something similar.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones