• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Order two batteries from ebay

That sounds pretty promising, how do they only charge 10 dollars for two batteries and a batt charger i dont get it :)

Manufacturer's told everybody we'd get cheaper products by off-shoring manufacturing, but then the corporations decided to pocket the difference instead.

Sorry, I'm just a little bitter about paying 25 bucks for a cheap, two dollar Chinese-made charger at Radioshack for my last Blackberry, and then them trying to sell me an extended warranty for 10 bucks. Come on guys, REALLY?

I guess I'm not even talking about the Captivate anymore!

But seriously, most of the stuff we buy are incredibly cheap to produce. There are of course costs in transporting, advertising, selling up a retail POS that add to the cost. But largely we just get screwed by paying high prices for cheap products. I wouldn't be surprised if you could buy an actual OEM battery (off the same assembly line) on eBay for a couple of bucks, versus the 40 bucks Samsung wants to charge us.

How long do these Lithium-Ion batteries hold their charge just sitting around? I wouldn't mind keeping an extra battery in my desk at work and at home, as long as they retain their charge reasonably well.

Upvote 0
put it this way the 30$ usb charging cable for the iphone...yea i went through 3 of them seperating themselves at the joint and wires being exposed before ordering 3 off ebay for 1.99 a piece with free shipping from HK. Lets just say they lasted longer and i finally felt like i stuck it to the fruit people.

Upvote 0
put it this way the 30$ usb charging cable for the iphone...yea i went through 3 of them seperating themselves at the joint and wires being exposed before ordering 3 off ebay for 1.99 a piece with free shipping from HK. Lets just say they lasted longer and i finally felt like i stuck it to the fruit people.

For my iphone my first wire was starting to tear so i had to use the wire from my old ipod , i guess i am not only one that had issue with an bad wire

Upvote 0
Way I figure it, 2 backups for emergencies / times I don't have an opportunity to recharge is worth the 10 bucks.

And I figure if I cycle them use one tell fully drained while Recharge the other will keep me with an always ready phone & a backup battery for when I need it.

its definatley a steal , kind of off topic how long did it take for them to send it to you from china ?

Upvote 0
its definatley a steal , kind of off topic how long did it take for them to send it to you from china ?

Don't know, just ordered it today :D

Anyone have a valid link to the charger for the battery alone? All the others look expired...
I just use one of the Old links & did a Look at sellers other items

Upvote 0
I can vouch for this as well, folks. I ordered two batteries and a wall charger off of ebay for $10 or so. They arrived at my house in a week or so. The batteries that came with the purchase last just as long as the standard battery. On a good day, sending 300-500 texts, talking on the phone a fair bit, and using it like an iPod, I kill the battery rather quickly. Having the two backups in my pocket makes all the difference in the world!

Sure, we can complain that Samsung didn't give us a better battery. But, this is an easy solution, and not a huge imposition. I wish I could have done this with my iPhone 3g!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones