• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OS upgrade confirmed by BGR

hello, this seems the place to post this....

I got off the phone with Verizon this morning because I was calling about the free phone offer. Well, I had some other questions and one of them was about this Dec. 11 update that is circulating around the web.

The rep told me that another customer had asked her the same thing recently and told her about this document that is online that shows some issues and that they will be fixed. She told me that Verizon has no such document and that no one there had been officially told about ANY kind of updates coming in december. It dosnt mean the rumor is false, but she or no one in that office had been notified by Verizon that there is an update coming for the droid eris. She told me that she knows about this document on the web but it is not official and did not come from Verizon.

It made me think....I am very excited about an update, but she said it was not confirmed. This was as of today, December 4, 09. About 10:30 am, est.

Someone else wanna call and confirm?

Upvote 0
hello, this seems the place to post this....

I got off the phone with Verizon this morning because I was calling about the free phone offer. Well, I had some other questions and one of them was about this Dec. 11 update that is circulating around the web.

The rep told me that another customer had asked her the same thing recently and told her about this document that is online that shows some issues and that they will be fixed. She told me that Verizon has no such document and that no one there had been officially told about ANY kind of updates coming in december. It dosnt mean the rumor is false, but she or no one in that office had been notified by Verizon that there is an update coming for the droid eris. She told me that she knows about this document on the web but it is not official and did not come from Verizon.

It made me think....I am very excited about an update, but she said it was not confirmed. This was as of today, December 4, 09. About 10:30 am, est.

Someone else wanna call and confirm?

Tech is wrong.

Online Tech support and in-store tech support at a "Verizon Experience" confirmed update on 12/11. I don't think that they would have put a note in my system that my 30 day trial is extended past the 12/11 upgrade if there was no upgrade. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones