• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

(OTA) Multitouch now official on N1 in Browser, Gallery, Maps

is it just me or the 3G speed actually slowed down.

epc.tmobile.com's server was in los angeles, but I can't find it on speed test.
and it is very slow...I used to get around 700-800 kbps now it's around 300-400 kbps
internet2.voicestream.com seems faster...closest server I have is Wichita,KS...

Don't forget that the speed you get over 3G depends on the congestion in the cells you're covered by. The fewer subscribers located at a given set of NodeBs, the more bandwidth is available...

HTH.

Bruisah

Upvote 0
Well went to work today and phone was stuck on full bars solid everywhere I went 3g. I still get the problem with holding phone in my house near my computer it drops to edge but I am thinking it might be something with my Wifi interfering with it because it's crazy to have full bars everywhere I go other than here never seen that before with any phone i've owned.

Very happy with the update, I use wifi in the house anyway so no need for 3g there, battery life seems to be much better as well, don't know if that is from the update or from not running Cyanogen anymore but I am going to stick with the factory update rom for now because everything is working much better than I ever expected it would.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Great news! Maybe now the Nexus-One-doesn't-have-multitouch trolls can finally stfu :)

i'd thank the "trolls" before google for this OTA. if it were not for their complaints, you'd never see MT on ur N1. and when google improves the media player and optimizes the OS, i'd thank the "trolls" again. android keeps getting better because of those "trolls", not because of people who never see the flaws....

Upvote 0
i'd thank the "trolls" before google for this OTA. if it were not for their complaints, you'd never see MT on ur N1. and when google improves the media player and optimizes the OS, i'd thank the "trolls" again. android keeps getting better because of those "trolls", not because of people who never see the flaws....

Well said.

Upvote 0

To coin a phrase.....it's not what you say but the way you say it........that pisses people off on this site :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
For those experiencing issues with the keyboard (oniongirl et al.) I saw this intriguing para over at androidandme.com:

On the Google experience Android phones, where Google controls the software (like the G1, MT3G, Droid, Nexus One), most of the native apps do not implement simultaneous touches. Only the virtual keyboard uses multitouch to improve error detection.

I'm shafted if I know what that means in reality, but thought I'd chuck it out there anyway :)

Upvote 0
are us nexus one owners in the uk likely to get this update OTA?

Definitely not! There are no operators selling this phone yet so none of them will be pushing an OTA update. Even when Vodafone starts selling them, they will only push to their customers.

UK users will need to do the manual update - nice to get the updated features but still a pity we don't get turn by turn navigation with the upgraded maps.

I can't understand why there is a hold up - even if it were made available as a "beta" - it would be nice to have it officially!

Upvote 0
Definitely not! There are no operators selling this phone yet so none of them will be pushing an OTA update. Even when Vodafone starts selling them, they will only push to their customers.

UK users will need to do the manual update - nice to get the updated features but still a pity we don't get turn by turn navigation with the upgraded maps.

I can't understand why there is a hold up - even if it were made available as a "beta" - it would be nice to have it officially!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but OTA updates don't have anything to do with the operators.. The phone periodically checks with Google's servers for updates.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones