• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OTA update - declined to backup, how to initiate

Hi,

I'm on a HTC Hero with Android 1.5 on T-Mobile UK and just received a notification that an OTA update was available. It did not mention version numbers but am hopeful that it was finally 2.1 - never seen this particular type of prompt before. It included a short bit of waffle about adding new features like an updated YouTube client...??

Anyway, I declined, clicking "Download later" so that I could back some stuff up. Really annoyed at myself now because, contrary to what I imagined, there's no obvious option anywhere (in notifications or settings menus etc) to re-initiate the OTA update.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be very grateful.

Cheers!

EDIT: I read in another thread that moving the date forwards will initiate the update, which it did. Huzzah! cheers, guys.

@fredthefish

did the update work for you?

did you get 2 updates or just one & have you had any issues since?

im on TMUK & managed to install the 1st one but not had a 2nd one whihc i think is the full 2.1, but having major issues with any buttons located at the bottom of the screen freezing e.g. Phone button, space button etc

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones