• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

overclock & battery?

is not only about the overclock

the idea is OC + UV (undervolting)
if you pass less voltage to the processor, it consumes less battery, so you're kind of getting it even =)

the golden question is: you need to change the kernell to do that... which one are you gonna use? you need to flash it, and every flash has a different battery life :p

i'm using cognition and this one does NOT allow you to OC it

Upvote 0
Thanks for you response!!
At this point, i'm not sure. I'm really enjoying gs2 as is, but just for fun wanted to experience what other side is like. 1.6 gets well over 4k in quadrant, which is darn impressive. (for some reason my gs2 struggles to go beyond 3k, maybe too many widgets?)

Upvote 0
You can use Tegrak Overclock to safely overclock your GS II, without a custom ROM. My International GS II is similar. I have it clocked to 1.452Ghz and here is the result.

SC20111110-064010.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones