• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root P.A.C.MAN Update

It's never worked completely right for me. I started using Google voice.

It worked but you get an error text message every time there's a voicemail.

I prefer GV anyways as I have used it for years and love the fact that you can listen to VM anywhere and you can customize the VM message for your contacts to make it more personal.

Upvote 0
thats true i like GV but in my paranoia from the get i used textplus activated a number with that too forward my GV too so that i dont have too use my real number as a ringing call that rings my phone its good also for magicjack because magicjack doesnt have call blocking features so i forward all calls too a googlevoice number that you can manage , then use groove ip if i want too answer my calls when away , might be off topic , but thats what i have setup my real number isnt asscoicated with a GV that i have , that i have a account linked too my phone , id have too add another account too my phone if i wanted too use my googlevoice with my cell number i think

Because with grooveip u can login & out of random accounts of googlevoice

Upvote 0
flashed v23 vm build. When sending a text a minute later I get a text back saying "you are not allowed to send text messeges: Msg 2120"

Also could not browse the web, I keep getting the vm webpage.

flashed back to my old rom and text and web were still not working. Called VM and had them reset my account. Updated my profile and working again.

Web and text were working prior to installing v23

Oh well I'm happy with my current rom. Just thought I'd give it a try

Upvote 0
Sprint and VM are updated with HALO! Works good. I love it and hope Google incorporates it. Love how I can watch YouTube and then chat on Skype while YouTube is still going on in the background!

How does one remove Halo? I tried to force stop and disable it from the app manager but it still pops up even after a reboot. I go to the app manager and it is listed as disabled but it still sits on the left of my screen pestering me.

Upvote 0
How does one remove Halo? I tried to force stop and disable it from the app manager but it still pops up even after a reboot. I go to the app manager and it is listed as disabled but it still sits on the left of my screen pestering me.

You can't actually remove it... It's built into the system. But if you drag the blue halo circle to the red X, it won't show up unless you hit the Halo icon when you pull down the task bar.

Reactions: efaustus9
Upvote 0
Simple question, I changed my wallpaper and for the life of me I can't locate the original pac man wallpaper from when I first flashed. tia :p
OB

http://db.tt/mRHXo3Zi

Here you go buddy! He doesn't include it in the wallpapers. I had to pull it out of framework-res in case you're interested in how I got it ;)

Reactions: OverByter
Upvote 0
Reactions: rom_man
Upvote 0
Newest build working pretty flawlessly on a fresh install for me. Everything working except vvm, though to be fair not sure that's ever worked right even after flashing the vvm fix.

Love me some PAC!!:thumbup::thumbup:

It's been working for me but I've kept the updated app with data from a Sense based ROM of VVM backed up in Titanium Backup. I flash the VVM fix zip once, open it, will usually error messages are undeliverable but info still loads. Flash it again and messages disappear. Then go to TB, restore the backed up VVM app only. Then in TB restore data only in another step. Restart. Good as gold.

Reactions: rooter1
Upvote 0
It's been working for me but I've kept the updated app with data from a Sense based ROM of VVM backed up in Titanium Backup. I flash the VVM fix zip once, open it, will usually error messages are undeliverable but info still loads. Flash it again and messages disappear. Then go to TB, restore the backed up VVM app only. Then in TB restore data only in another step. Restart. Good as gold.
So obvious hadn't even thought of it. Great tip Chicoman, thanks!:beer::D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones