• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Page 1 and 'Most Visited' page queries.

schrodinger56

May 20, 2011
Whenever I turn my Tab on from being totally off not asleep it always opens on Page 3 where there isn't anything just the background picture!! How do I set the Tab to open on Page 1 where most of the apps are that I use because I have to scroll back to page 1 every time I turn the Tab on?

Also how do I clear the sites on the 'Most Visited' page when I select a New tab? I've tried clearing the History but that doesn't seem to do the job?

Thanks

Whenever I turn my Tab on from being totally off not asleep it always opens on Page 3 where there isn't anything just the background picture!! How do I set the Tab to open on Page 1 where most of the apps are that I use because I have to scroll back to page 1 every time I turn the Tab on?
All Android phones and tablets do this, start on the middle/center page. I keep my most often used widgets and apps on the center page (3) and have lesser used items on the left/right pages. This is normal and a feature of Android. Just like how the iPhone always starts on the first page and you have to flick sideways to get to the other pages. There is no typical way to change that. Perhaps in a rooted ROM there might be such a feature, but normally not. Just move the items you have on page 1 to page 3 and you're all set.
:)
Or if you insist on having them on page 1/left side, then simply don't turn off your tablet (mine is on 24/7 so it can have email, twitter, etc ready to read whenever I want). If you leave the Tab on all the time, it will remain on the last used page.
Also how do I clear the sites on the 'Most Visited' page when I select a New tab? I've tried clearing the History but that doesn't seem to do the job?
Thanks
I haven't bothered trying to clear those links as I use them a lot, but you're right, clearing the cache and history doesn't delete the Most Visited pages links. It should, but it doesn't which is odd. I checked the debug settings and nothing there either. I'm not too concerned about it, but it shouldn't know your most visited sites if there is no history or cache for those sites.
:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones