1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Pain when typing on keyboard

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mewkiss, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Mewkiss

Mewkiss Member
    None

Dec 28, 2011
    I just got my slider and while waiting for VM to port my number over I've been adding contacts.

I'm a righty and have problems with my right wrist when texting on my old Samsung Seek but this keyboard is much wider so now I have an ache in my left forearm almost up at my elbow.

Am I just a big baby and using muscles I haven't used before or is this a sign of things to come?

Any hints? No way I can use the virtual keyboard.:eek:

Advertisement

2. kotawise

kotawise Lurker
    None

Jan 18, 2012
    sounds like carpal tunnel to me if your wrist hurts or is weak and up in your elbow or right below it hurt it is probably carpal tunnel. If your like me and learned about it quick you can pevent it from getting worse or even stop the pain by not irratating it... just google carpal tunnel syndrom :(

3. pearlygates

pearlygates Newbie
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    earth..for now...
    You might be trying too hard. I find the keyboard among the best I have used. Let your thumbs (assuming you are typing with your thumbs) glide across the board and don't feel like you have to press real hard.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk

4. PerkinsII

PerkinsII Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 11, 2011
    It syncs with your google account just enter them on gmail in contacts and then it will sync to your phone. Way easier than entering them one by one, plus you don't have to do it more than once because they are all backed up on google too :)