• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pantheon ???? Battery usage

I have put launcher pro on now so will see how it goes, I am new to all this modding, I only got my Galaxy two days ago, it was running 1.5 i didn't realise that when I put version xxJE1 on that i would be stuck with it, I wish now that I could go back to 1.5... Is there anyway to delete pantheon? Thank for your help...:thinking:

Upvote 0
JE1 does not include APN settings, and I had issues with it. Hence I used JD4.

To fix your problems all you need to do is insert the APN settings.

Menu
Settings
Wireless & Networks
Mobile Networks
Access Point Names
Your Provider

Here's T-Mobile UK settings

T-Mobile Settings:

Internet
Name: T-Mobile UK
APN: general.t-mobile.uk
Proxy: 149.254.201.132
Port: 8080
Username: t-mobile

MMS
MMSC: http://mmsc.t-mobile.co.uk:8002
MMS Proxy: 149.254.201.135
MMS Port: 8080
MCC: 234
MNC: 30
Authentication: Normal (PAP)
APN Type: Internet + mms

SMS
Service Centre No. +447958879879

Upvote 0
It seems quite sluggish and the battery seems to go down really quickly, on 1.5 I spent a whole day playing with it using wifi and just using it almost all day and the battery hardly moved, in your opinion which is the best firmware for good battery life and a smooth responsive phone..

Upvote 0
OK I will see how the battery lasts over the next few days I just hope it lasts for more than a day, just one more thing now that I have done the upgrade to 2.1 does that mean now that I have void my warrenty to return the phone to t-mobile (UK) if anything should go wrong? ...

Upvote 0
I think Pantheon sucks the juice out of the Galaxy. I am running 2.1 on mine, but mine came ready shipped with it from 3, and in my opinion, the Galaxy seems to be more efficient than other android handsets. My girlfriends TM Pulse drops power like a brick dropped from 20 stories up, so I figure you have something installed that is doing the battery drain.

Change the Home app to something lighter like ADW_Launcher. Also turn off any services you don't need, when you don't need them, like GPS, Bluetooth, WiFi, install a good task killer, and set it up to autokill. Some seemingly innocuous apps just murder the battery, for instance, I normally get to the end of a whole day with around 80% battery left, with GPS always on, and I use the camera a lot, but if I leave instant messaging apps on in the background, and it can be 30% left or less by end of the day.

Reactions: gibboian
Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies they are very helpful, I have now noticed that I can't turn 3g off at all, I have ticked the box "use 2g only" but nothing it is still using 3g any ideas as what to do? Sprocketdog which is a good task killer as I am very new to this and don't really understand a great deal, I have checked my battery usage and it says Android 95%,cell standby 4% and phone idle 4% how come android is so high? I am running the XXJE4 firmware, thanks again..

Reactions: gibboian
Upvote 0
A nice alternative HOME (Pantheon) replacement. However, I found ADW.Launcher very slow, it didn't seem to have a customisable dock.

I still stand by HelixLauncher (v1) It supports up to 7 screens too, sorts Apps alphabetically, and is definitely much faster.

And it supports a customisable dock.

Remember, home replacements are a Personal choice.

Upvote 0
my battery was doing the same thing! i deleted recent games i had downloaded and acrobat reader and it works a treat now. dont delete pantheon there is no need. just experiment with your apps cos it will prob be one of them. you can always reinstall later!
if you look closer at your battery use it will say pantheon using it all, but your phone is smart and it will only say a few seconds of use, minutes at the most! your phone switches it off when not in use. go to battery use in your phone click on pantheon and you will see what i mean! the games wont show up here at all even tho they are still draining your battery when your not even playing them! hope this helps x

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones