• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help password removel

The pin code you enter to unlock the phone or your gmail password?

If you enter the pin code incorrectly several times, it should prompt you to enter the account information associated with the gmail account linked to the phone, you'll need an active data connection for that to work though.

If it's the gmail account, you can recover your password for that here.

If they don't work, you'll have to factory reset I'm afraid.

Upvote 0
The pin code you enter to unlock the phone or your gmail password?

If you enter the pin code incorrectly several times, it should prompt you to enter the account information associated with the gmail account linked to the phone, you'll need an active data connection for that to work though.

If it's the gmail account, you can recover your password for that here.

If they don't work, you'll have to factory reset I'm afraid.

thanx mod for ur great help,

it is user code(pin code) not gmail a/c code,when i enter 5 times incorrect code it said wait 30 sec and then try,
i woundering a week for that solution,,plz plz help me to sort out this issue and get rid of password,
how to factory reset or hard reset to solve pasword issue??
once again thanks to you.

Upvote 0
If you keep getting it wrong (after the 30 seconds is up, keep trying), it should prompt you for the gmail account info? I can't comment on the Mytouch specifically, but that's the case on most Android handsets.

Also, if you factory reset, you'll lose everything on the handset, SMS, contacts (if they're not on the SIM backed up to Gmail).

Upvote 0
If you keep getting it wrong (after the 30 seconds is up, keep trying), it should prompt you for the gmail account info? I can't comment on the Mytouch specifically, but that's the case on most Android handsets.

Also, if you factory reset, you'll lose everything on the handset, SMS, contacts (if they're not on the SIM backed up to Gmail).

ok i try,
tel me that how to factory reset or hard reset?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones