• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PDANet and E-mail.

midwest

Lurker
Dec 27, 2009
Hello All,

I have a Hero HTC phone. I must say that I have avoided these internet types phones for years, but I was finally forced to upgrade. It was overwhelming at first, but I think I am really starting to see the potential of this Android Phone. :D

PDAnet question. Ok. I have it installed and it is running. As a matter of fact, I am on the NET with it now. However I am having a slight problem that I always seem to have when on the road with my laptop. I can download my e-mail (outlook) but I can't send anything. I get this error:

554 Domain Relaying denied

I know this "problem" isn't actually my app, but the user. Again, I have these issues when in hotels as well.

So...does anyone have any advice on what my options are and the good and bad that goes with these options?

Regards,
Midwest

Most likely the email account in question is expecting you to be on the same domain as them. Since you're going through PDANet, you're really going through your wireless provider's internet connection and not your home connection. This usually happens when you're using the email account provided by your Internet provider.

There is really no easy way around this (if you are dead set on using Outlook) as I believe it to be more of an anti-spam feature of your internet provider. In the old days when email relaying was allowed, you could send anonymous emails using any outgoing SMTP server out there! (NOT a good idea nowadays) If your provider has a webmail interface that may be the only easy way to go if you wanted to respond using that particular email address.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones