• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phandroid app is one of THEM?

rushmore

Extreme Android User
Nov 13, 2008
Kentucky
Anybody notice that the Phandroid app seems to like staying open in the background and hogs about 28megs of ram? App killers even when rooted will not keep it killed. The Task Manager built into the D3 seems to kill it (but only manual), but that is about it. Tried the semi-placebo apps like the Auto run managers too, but they seem to not work for anything anyway.

I sent a note to the admin to please mod the app so it does not force itslelf to remain open if PM notifications and syncing are turned off in the app's settings.

Like the app, but it takes up about six times the average app that runs in the background. Was this originally a Windows app? ;)

Tapatalk does not force staying open and takes up a lot less ram. I remember when this site worked with Tapatalk...... Now that is a nice app, plus has dark background options for night mode.

Phandroid app needs a 2.0 release.

Added:

World Newspapers takes up 98mb, but does not force staying open.

Anybody notice that the Phandroid app seems to like staying open in the background and hogs about 28megs of ram? App killers even when rooted will not keep it killed. The Task Manager built into the D3 seems to kill it (but only manual), but that is about it. Tried the semi-placebo apps like the Auto run managers too, but they seem to not work for anything anyway.

I sent a note to the admin to please mod the app so it does not force itslelf to remain open if PM notifications and syncing are turned off in the app's settings.

Like the app, but it takes up about six times the average app that runs in the background. Was this originally a Windows app? ;)

Tapatalk does not force staying open and takes up a lot less ram. I remember when this site worked with Tapatalk...... Now that is a nice app, plus has dark background options for night mode.

Phandroid app needs a 2.0 release.

Good on ya for PMing about that. I'd also suggest heading here with that issue:

Phandroid Applications - Android Forums ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones