• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone calls while using a headset without a microphone

zilla.

Jan 14, 2011
I've been using my head set a lot recently and noticed if I answer calls, I cannot talk to people because my headset doesn't have a microphone. However I can hear the caller through the head set.

I think the thunderbolt thinks I have a microphone on the head set but I don't.

Is there a way I can set the phone to where I can speak through the phone's microphone but continue to hear the caller through the headset? I've looked through the settings but I couldn't find anything.

Unfortunately there is no setting to fix this issue. When you plug into the headphone port the phone app automatically turns off the built in mic.

Several threads floating around in regards to this subject. HTC has confirmed that this is not a bug, its the way they meant for it to work. Really stupid.

There's also a thread on headphones for calls and music currently being discussed that has a work around by using an external mic that you can plug your headphones into.

Reactions: zilla.
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones