1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Phone Froze Now WON'T TURN ON!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by H D, Aug 19, 2013.

1. H D

H D Lurker
    None

Nov 2, 2011
    Was surfing on the phone last night while it was plugged in and the phone froze for a minute or so then just turned off. It was fairly hot so I unplugged it from the power.

Tried turning it on by the button as it did this the other day a couple times but came back on every time. Its been a few days now. But I've tried plugging it into AC and my laptop via USB and neither bring on the charging light. From memory it had about 20%+ battery so it isn't flat.

I've tried holding, repeatedly pressing the buttons.

What do I do?

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member
    None

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    How long have you held the power button? 20 seconds is supposed to simulate the battery pull and can sometimes kick things back in to life.

Try leaving it on charge overnight/a few hours too, that's helped similar issues in the past.

3. H D

H D Lurker
    None

Nov 2, 2011
    Yeah I left it on charge last night. And longer than 20 seconds. Up to about a minute with no sign of life at all!

Part of me thinks I've fried the battery as there appears to be no power whatsoever and when a power source is connected there is still no life (no power getting into the battery, no power going to the phone)

4. El Presidente

VIP Member
    None

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Yeah, if it won't turn on with the long press/respond to a charge at all, then I suspect it's time to call insurance/HTC. :(

How hot was hot btw? Still ok to hold?

5. H D

H D Lurker
    None

Nov 2, 2011
    Yeah could still hold it, was just quite warm.

With regards to calling the insurance/HTC, this phone is a refurbished unit cos I claimed on the insurance a few months back. My contact is only 9 months in so surely it will be covered under warranty by either HTC or the insurance company for giving me a phone that isn't fully functioning?

I don't wanna lose my numbers, pictures, videos, apps :( Why do I never back my phones up!

6. El Presidente

VIP Member
    None

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    New devices have a 2 year warranty, not sure what the deal is with refurbished.

If it's only 9 months old, then yeah, I'd presume so. You never know with Insurance companies though so HTC would probably be your best bet.

7. pezzer

pezzer Newbie
    None

May 30, 2010
    Wont your numbers/contacts etc be backed up to Google? Also you will be able to retrieve and re-install your apps from the Play store under your installed section.

Tags: