• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone Froze Now WON'T TURN ON!

H D

Lurker
Nov 2, 2011
Was surfing on the phone last night while it was plugged in and the phone froze for a minute or so then just turned off. It was fairly hot so I unplugged it from the power.

Tried turning it on by the button as it did this the other day a couple times but came back on every time. Its been a few days now. But I've tried plugging it into AC and my laptop via USB and neither bring on the charging light. From memory it had about 20%+ battery so it isn't flat.

I've tried holding, repeatedly pressing the buttons.

What do I do?

Yeah I left it on charge last night. And longer than 20 seconds. Up to about a minute with no sign of life at all!

Part of me thinks I've fried the battery as there appears to be no power whatsoever and when a power source is connected there is still no life (no power getting into the battery, no power going to the phone)

Upvote 0
Yeah could still hold it, was just quite warm.

With regards to calling the insurance/HTC, this phone is a refurbished unit cos I claimed on the insurance a few months back. My contact is only 9 months in so surely it will be covered under warranty by either HTC or the insurance company for giving me a phone that isn't fully functioning?

I don't wanna lose my numbers, pictures, videos, apps :( Why do I never back my phones up!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones