• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone goes to Black, vibrates forever after I turn it on, whats the diagnosis? Someone help?

Jay3500

Lurker
Jan 20, 2013
Hi, I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 Android smartphone. Today I turned my phone on after it finished charging. A window came up on the screen right away that asked me if I wanted to connect my phone to the Bluetooth system in my car. I clicked OK and after I did that, the phone went to black and started vibrating non stop. It still won't stop. The vibrating has been on hours now. I took the battery out and put it back in, I also took out the memory card and put it back in. Still same problem.
Does my phone have a virus? Are my pictures and videos gone? Im scared I have to get a new phone now and Im going to lose all my memory :-(
Hope someone can help diagnose my problem here.
Thanks.

Hi, I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 Android smartphone. Today I turned my phone on after it finished charging. A window came up on the screen right away that asked me if I wanted to connect my phone to the Bluetooth system in my car. I clicked OK and after I did that, the phone went to black and started vibrating non stop. It still won't stop. The vibrating has been on hours now. I took the battery out and put it back in, I also took out the memory card and put it back in. Still same problem.
Does my phone have a virus? Are my pictures and videos gone? Im scared I have to get a new phone now and Im going to lose all my memory :-(
Hope someone can help diagnose my problem here.
Thanks.
Welcome aboard.

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with your phone. No need to worry about losing your pics, videos, music, applications, etc - these won't be affected as long as you don't wipe the SD / memory card cleaned.

I'm not sure of what you've done to caused this, but you will need to stop in your device's area of support for assistance from the other users who are familiar with your device. They might know exactly what the solution is for you to get your phone back to normal without have to perform a reset.

Good luck. Keep us posted. ;)

Upvote 0
I had the EXACT same thing happen to me today. I took the battery out several times and put it back in several times, the phone kept bringing up the Samsung logo then the black screen would come back and the vibrating every 2 seconds or so. The way that FIXED the problem for me was to take the battery out, put it back in, then press the power button and volume keys a million times fast. The phone then powered on normally.........so weird but it worked for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones