• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone got registered as new in Play Store after JB update and factory reset!

TadeoNYC

Dec 16, 2010
It's probably too late to fix this, but i want to know what the hell went wrong? I backed up my phone last night with KIES and installed the Verizon JB OTA update this morning. The battery was draining like mad, so I did a factory reset. I set up like I should, my contacts transferred back but my apps were not reinstalled. I futzed around on the phone a bit, trying to figure it out and then decided to look at my account online. The phone is listed in my Play account as registered today! How could that be? And shouldn't my apps have transferred anyway? I did a factory reset when my phone was fairly new and it all went smoothly. On top of that KIES fails to restore my backup from last night.

Is this fixable? How do I make sure it never happens again?

I really don't know what is up with my phone. I have tried to go about getting the Play Store to work properly several ways now. I have access to all of my previously installed and purchased apps in the Play store. The problem is that some system apps, specifically AllShare Play for one are not under the installed list, they are in the all list. Allshare Play can be updated, but remains on the "All" list and not "Installed".

I switched to another google account I have which has never had an associated device, and it connected to Gmail fine, but in the Play Store the my apps list never loaded.

I am going to reset again and forgo the Verizon backup and see what that does.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones