• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone no longer boots - Second faulty Desire

AnthonyS

Apr 24, 2010
Good Evening, I doing a bit of surfing this morning with the Desire and put it in down for a few hours and when I cam back to it about 4 hours later I found the battery was dead.. After charging it up and turning it back on all it will do is show the white screen with green HTC letters before rebooting again.

Very frustrating as I have just got this one setup the way I like it since being replaced. I can not even say why it has happened, I use no task killers and the only app ran was the internet via wifi.

I have called Orange and they will send a new one out tomorrow to replace it, so good for the customer services but this is my second faulty desire. :(

I tried loading the phone with the volume down button pressed and using fastboot / recovery but no joy there.

Before it goes back tomorrow I really want to reset the phone to factory defaults as all my data will remain in the phone and I do not trust any 3rd party to clear it down.

Does anyone know what I can do to clear the data please?

Cheers

:) I seem to be doing a good job of answering my own questions.. It appears that is all I had to do clear the data (that leaves my mind at rest but I will still change my passwords).

The following I will use to compare against the new phone when it comes:
Bravo Unknown Ship S-on
HBOOT-0.75.0000
Microp-031d
Touch Panel-Synt0101
Radio-4.05.00.11
Mar 5 2010,21:12:15

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones