• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone not connecting to Laptop

Hey Guys,

First post and I'm pretty much a noob to this phone. I just got a Android Eris and plugged the USB cord into my computer and phone, it looked like it was going to work, then said it needed to install a file from the cd (I have no idea what that means). I am at school right now and forgot the name of the file it needed, but I have no idea how to do this.

I want to tether my phone to the computer with PDAnet but can't even get my phone connected to the computer. I also want to put music on the phone.

So... any ideas? I am on Windows XP. If you need more info, I can get it when I get home from school. Just hoping there is an easy step I am overlooking.

Thanks!
David

I did not do that. However on my computer it said that new hardware was found and it was installing, but couldn't find a file that it needed. I'm running on a PC, not a MAC so it should work... I got the PDAnet application on my phone but do not have any other app. Do I need another app to get my phone and laptop to connect?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones