• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone Stuck in Bootloop

Ok, I'm going to reboot. Here's what was on the screen in Odin when it got done

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-06-11 12.26.46.png
    Screenshot 2016-06-11 12.26.46.png
    163.4 KB · Views: 87
Upvote 0
Looking back on your first post,did you ever boot into recovery and try a factory reset?
From off, remove and replace battery if needed, press and hold the power button, the volume up and home button until phone vibrates and you see blue writing"Recovery Booting" in upper left of screen, then release the power button only and continue holding the other two.
In recovery,use the volume buttons to scroll to Factory Rest and press the power button to select it.

Upvote 0

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-06-11 12.49.06.png
    Screenshot 2016-06-11 12.49.06.png
    168.2 KB · Views: 88
Upvote 0
Looking back on your first post,did you ever boot into recovery and try a factory reset?
From off, remove and replace battery if needed, press and hold the power button, the volume up and home button until phone vibrates and you see blue writing"Recovery Booting" in upper left of screen, then release the power button only and continue holding the other two.
In recovery,use the volume buttons to scroll to Factory Rest and press the power button to select it.
Never got to that screen. Simply the one from my OP. And from another post, I did use firmware OH3

Upvote 0
So i tried this again, but the splash screen, samsung galaxy light, keeps flashing. IDK what mode I was in before from my OP but at least it was asking me for something. <shrugs>

Upvote 0
Mine is a t399n. when i searched for my device, the one i downloaded was for that model, not a t399. I'm confused.
But after reboot, here's what it shows me. i have NOT chosen the file yet.
Firmware version is correct for the t399n but if Odin will not connect to phone, it won't work

Stock recovery screen on phone will look like this

Attachments

• 7aff6d5f7e2d19549bf2e6fbed094464.jpg
    7aff6d5f7e2d19549bf2e6fbed094464.jpg
    489.3 KB · Views: 126
Upvote 0
Not having a working recovery or your phone going into download mode when you try and get into recovery is probably a sign that your motherboard is crapping out. If that is the case ,not much you can do but replace the board or replace the phone. May also explain why phone not connecting to Odin.

Upvote 0
Getting into recovery is almost the same as download mode but you use the volume up instead of down.
I canNOT get into recovery mode. I can't afford a new phone, even as cheap as they are. I have GOT to figure this out. But my PC doesn't make a sound when i connect the data cable to the phone, yet samsung drivers are installed as per our aforementioned talk. Now all that the phone is doing is samsung galaxy light powered by android (the splash screen I guess it's scalled), until I pull the battery. Then I try to get into either download mode or recovery mode and sometimes I get into download mode, but usually the splash screen comes back, like every 8 seconds.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones