• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help phone wet...no camera

rolandx

Jan 25, 2012
A week ago my Razar got a quick dunking. It was in a plastic bag, but not sealed completely.
For a while it just kept rebooting, but after a night in a bag of rice everything's settled down. Everything seems to work now except
the camera "fails to initialize". I have several camera apps and I get the same message with each one. I also notice the led does not work with my flashlight app.
I have cleared the cache. Does anyone think a FDR would restore the camera?

If the FDR doesn't do the trick, I would bring it to a place that does water damage repair. My company does that. The tech has to open it, then use an ultrasonic machine to clean under-around-all over the logic board. He might unseat the camera ribbon and reseat it again and see if that does the trick. If it doesn't, then you might need to replace the camera on it. But that's not 100% guaranteed either. Once the logic board is exposed to liquid/moisture, you have potential to have further problems down the road. One day the docking port won't charge. THe next, your earphone won't work, Wifi won't work, etc.

Good luck-

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones