• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Photon 4g hotspot wont shut down

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

Even after a fresh boot, when I am finished using the hotspot and turn it off, the menu indicates that the hotspot is shut off but the green icon is still on in the top bar AND I can still access the internet from my computer! The only fix so far is to reboot the phone every time I want to shut off the hotspot. Note though, that this happens about 90% of the time. Sometimes (rarely) it shuts down properly.

I have updated profile and PRL. I have tried shutting hotspot down at computer first, then at the phone. I have tried shutting the hotspot off at the phone first, then at the computer. All to no avail.

This is a refurbished Photon 4G which replaced my original via Sprint insurance plan.

Hello there.

I believe I would call Sprint and tell them of the trouble you are having and see if they would replace the phone.

Another idea is, what happens if you put the phone in to Airplane mode for a moment or 2 after you try to turn off the hotspot?

Last, but not least, perhaps the folk in here could give you a hand?

Motorola Photon 4G - Android Forums

I hope that helps! :)

edit: Ninja'd! :)

Reactions: OutOfPhase
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones