• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pictures will not download from text

No, I have the same issue. I turn my data off and on throughout the day to conserve battery. If I get a pic message while the data is off, obviously the phone can't download the larger pic file. THE PROBLEM comes in when you turn your data back on it will literally take days to download the picture!! It has happened to me on my EVO and now happening on my Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic Touch. It's an Android issue. My texting is set to automatic retrieval etc. Somtimes even with my data turned on if its not a strong signal the exact same thing I typed above will happen... SUCKS... IF ANYONE KNOWS PLEASE REPLY TO ME. Don't come on here with a smart ass answer if you don't know WTF you are talking about. YA HEARDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Upvote 0
I have tried everything I can think of. And everything I saw suggested on here to get my pictures to download when someone sends me one. Sometimes I have to have them resend it and it will download but that doesn't half of the time work. And I have this problem EVER SINGLE TIME. It's highly annoying. Does anyone know what else I can try. My data is on, my phone is rebooted once a day, I've taken out the battery and sim card, I have even deleted most of the pictures that I downloaded off of websites and texts that I did not need any more. PLEASE HELP!

Upvote 0
I also had this problem and called up ATT and they couldn't help me. One of these posts helped me figure it out. Thank you. I had to keep my data plan on in order to get pics. However, now I keep getting warnings about running out of my "not unlimited" data plan so I had to turn it off again. I guess I'll have to ask people to resend when I get a un-downloadable file and quickly turn on my data plan to receive! It's extremely frustrated. I gave up my unlimited data plan to save $15 a month a while back. Bad, Bad, move!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones