• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pixel 4 and Ford Sync

TooHip

Jul 26, 2010
Has anyone with a Pixel 4 got Ford Sync (2) with My Ford Touch (8" touch screen) working with text messaging? I just switched from an HTC 10 and I no longer get notifications or able to listen to texts in my car. Google says the phone should work, and Ford says they haven't tested but suggested performing a factory reset on the phone.

I don't want to go through the hassle of a factory reset on a phone I just set up and configured if it's not going to help.

Annnd.... Just like that, it's fixed. For anyone that had any doubt that the Pixel 4 supports text messaging on Sync with My Ford Touch systems... Doubt no longer. I can now confirm that it works.

Even though I had done it several times before with no luck, I decided to try insanity and repeat the process of deleting and re-pairing the phone to the system expecting a different result. This time, insanity won! Or, I won. Either way... It worked. I'm not sure what I did differently, or if luck decided to smile upon me just this once, but all is good now.

Upvote 0
Annnd.... Just like that, it's fixed. For anyone that had any doubt that the Pixel 4 supports text messaging on Sync with My Ford Touch systems... Doubt no longer. I can now confirm that it works.

Even though I had done it several times before with no luck, I decided to try insanity and repeat the process of deleting and re-pairing the phone to the system expecting a different result. This time, insanity won! Or, I won. Either way... It worked. I'm not sure what I did differently, or if luck decided to smile upon me just this once, but all is good now.

Bluetooth can be super fickle, especially when you consider car makers use the cheapest bluetooth version they can.

Glad you got it working!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones