• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Play store app download keeps pausing and says "Waiting for wi-fi" How to fix this?

Drifterr

Lurker
Oct 22, 2018
I've been trying to download this one app from the play store, and keep in mind this only is happening with this app. I've downloaded this app with no problem before, but now all of a sudden when I click download, it downloads like normal, then stops at 5% and says "Waiting for Wi-Fi....Or download now (data charges may apply)" It quickly switches back and forth between the normal download screen and this message, and then at the very end it pulls up a message saying "(App name) can't be downloaded. Try again, and if the problem continues, get help troubleshooting. (Error code:492)" This app is also a large app in which a pop up says "This app is very large. To avoid potential delays or extra data usage charges, use Wi-Fi only." before downloading. I've tried everything, I swear. I cleared the cache, deleted the data, disabled, force stopped, etc. the playstore + other google play services. I uninstalled the play store update and reinstalled it, rebooted my phone and even WIPED it, reformatted the SD card, reset app preferences, took the battery out, checked for any phone updates, and removed and added my google account again. Could someone please tell me how to fix this??? Nothing is working! What makes this even more frustrating is that I paid for this app too...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones