• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Playlists using Stock Player

Ok, I have searched high and low with no answer to this.

I like the stock music player on the Galaxy S and want to use it but my playlists do not show up in the playlist tab. I do not want to re-create my playlists on the phone.

I have used mixzing which is great and shows my playlists imported using salling media sync or ones added to the /playlist directory but I am happy with the stock player, but I can not find where or how it reads playlists or if it is some special format???

I guess there is a way around it by viewing the recently added playlist and just create a playlist from there, but any help with this would be great.

I just got my first Android phone a few weeks ago and was also frustrated by the playlist issue. While not perfect, the work-around I found was:
create a new play list in the native Samsung music player
added all music to the playlist
connected my phone to my PC
on my PC did the following:
found the playlist I created on the phone (for me, it was in the playlist folder)
opened the playlist using a text editor
created a new playlist document for each playlist I wanted
saved each playlist with the playlist name and an extension of m3u
copied the songs from the phone's 'master' playlist to the desired playlists
when complete saved each playlist
copied each playlist to the same folder on the phone where I found the 'master' playlist
on the phone, I opened Music Player and all the playlists were now present.

While this was not automatic, it still was fairly straight forward and easy. However, I did notice that the playlists were not recognized by double twist but I haven't bothered to figure out why.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones