• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Playstore crashes

You're not alone. Google just "redesigned" the Play Store website, and it's an absolute mess. The site was just fine the way it was. Loaded up quickly and smoothly, easy to navigate, and so on. Again, it's now an absolute mess.
Last night I did a reset on my tablet, rooted, etc., so I'm just finishing setting everything up. Last thing to do is set up bookmarks in the stock browser so I can use my bookmark widget (Android Pro Widgets).
Trying to save the Play Store site as a bookmark is a nightmare. I finally managed to do it after jerking around with it for a good 20 minutes. Again, this was with the stock browser. I use Dolphin as my default browser, and I haven't tried with it yet.
The new site takes forever to load, locks up my whole tablet and then crashes to the desktop.
My tablet runs like a dream. But I try a LOT of apps, etc., so it was time for a reset. I feel it's a good thing to do after so many install/uninstall of dozens and dozens of apps, updates to apps, etc. Setting up my bookmarks is the last thing I have to do. Everything runs smooth as silk. The ONLY thing I'm having an issue with is the Play Store web site.
So, as I wrote way back at the beginning of this rant :eek:, you're not alone.
Hopefully Google will get it sorted out quickly.

Reactions: Soulreader
Upvote 0
I surely hope they get i fixed. Are you also having crash problems with gmail, Jacksmyname? Yesterday it still opened and I could open an email and have about 7 seconds to read it before it crashes to desktop. Well, today, the new tab interface was updated om my tab and now gmail is also crashing to desktop the whole time. I will also try to get playstore as a bookmark and see how that goes. Will keep you posted. Surely hope google sort out their mess...why try to fix something that works so smoothly till it crashes is beyond belief. Just wonder if they ever did thorough tests before implementing...ah, finished thinking, uhm..Nope, they did not. So very frustrated.

Upvote 0
I surely hope they get i fixed. Are you also having crash problems with gmail, Jacksmyname? Yesterday it still opened and I could open an email and have about 7 seconds to read it before it crashes to desktop. Well, today, the new tab interface was updated om my tab and now gmail is also crashing to desktop the whole time. I will also try to get playstore as a bookmark and see how that goes. Will keep you posted. Surely hope google sort out their mess...why try to fix something that works so smoothly till it crashes is beyond belief. Just wonder if they ever did thorough tests before implementing...ah, finished thinking, uhm..Nope, they did not. So very frustrated.

I feel your pain. I don't use GMail, I use the email app, which runs fine.
Will try gmail and post back.

Ok, tried gmail app, no problems here.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones