• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help PLEASE HELP! Desire won't boot!

kino

Jun 14, 2010
Hi everybody,

I have an S-Off HTC Desire running LeeDroid 2.3d. I've also flashed Clockwork Recovery 3.0.0.5 as the default recovery for the phone. I have been using an 8GB microSD until I got a 16GB today. I pulled the 8GB out and inserted the 16GB into the phone. However, once i put the 16GB inside the phone, it would no longer boot. The phone no longer boots up into the ROM, and it doesn't boot into Recovery mode as well; it just remains at the white HTC screen. Basically, I can only get into the Bootloader and Fastboot. Does anyone know what might be wrong and how I could fix this? I have since tried flashing different recoveries through Fastboot, but to no avail. Thanks a lot in advance!!

Do you guys think it would help at all if I tried to remove S-off from the device? I'm getting pretty desperate for ideas so any help is greatly appreciated.

Would anyone know how to remove S-off? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I need the PB99IMG.zip file that downgrades the HBOOT from 0.93.1 down to 0.80 (or any other version would probably do). Is this correct? Does anyone have the file they could link me to? Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones