• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root please help with ODIN 3.95

lakshmanvvs

Lurker
May 25, 2010
guys, i think my gt-i7500 is bricked. i downloaded the 1.6 firmware(.tar) along with ODIN.. set up the downloading mode and used ODIN to flash it to 1.6. ODIN showed PASS in the window but the phone refuses to boot up. It remains frozen with the SAMSUNG sign. Recovery mode is not working either. any way to help me out here?. much appreciated.

Upvote 0
guys, i think my gt-i7500 is bricked. i downloaded the 1.6 firmware(.tar) along with ODIN.. set up the downloading mode and used ODIN to flash it to 1.6. ODIN showed PASS in the window but the phone refuses to boot up. It remains frozen with the SAMSUNG sign. Recovery mode is not working either. any way to help me out here?. much appreciated.
if it gets to the samsung screen your phone is not bricked.
when you say it cannot get to recovery what exactly do you mean.
when you hold down voldown + dial + power what happens?

im guessing you took the risk of flashing the device without wiping the data first.
if you get a traingle on the screen when going to recovery, press the home button and it should wipe/restore

Upvote 0
if it gets to the samsung screen your phone is not bricked.
when you say it cannot get to recovery what exactly do you mean.
when you hold down voldown + dial + power what happens?

im guessing you took the risk of flashing the device without wiping the data first.
if you get a traingle on the screen when going to recovery, press the home button and it should wipe/restore

yeah, i get a triangle with an exclamation mark. On pressing the home button, nothing happens. and yeah, i did not wipe the data prior to flashing

Upvote 0
yeah, i get a triangle with an exclamation mark. On pressing the home button, nothing happens. and yeah, i did not wipe the data prior to flashing
hmm the home button should make it do a restore (oval button on the right hand side)

the only other way "i think" you can wipe the userdata so the device boots is by fastboot.

fastboot erase userdata

please be aware i have not tested this but userdata is what stores all userbased settings and is one of the area's that gets formated when you do a wipe
the other area is cache

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones