• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Please help with root/rom, have s-off (was- Accidentally updated after root!?)

Heyyyy guys..I'm back! I'm having some more trouble so I figured I'd add it to the thread of troubles. I had to get a replacement phone and it seams that rooting has gotten harder or am I crazy? I unlocked the phone and got recovery but accidentally skipped the dirtyracun step and installed Viper4G. After that install the touch screen doesn't work but I figured it's cuz I didn't dirtyracun. I'm trying to make sense of it but I'm so busy at work and I have no clue how to use ubuntu and I gotta switch back to windows to get to work. Jeez!

viper should work with the latest ota. which viper did you try? the latest?

with the latest ota, the touchpanel(tp) was upated and it borked a lot of roms. the sense ones should have the fix already so you should be fine with sense roms like viper. but aosp roms you will need to get s-off so that you can downgrade your tb.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones