• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root pls help!! - cyanogenmod and google apps

zionz

Feb 22, 2011
Hi
I have a galaxy s i9000
I just flashed my first rom, cyanogenmod 7, and it worked well.
then I flashed google apps (through clockworkmod -> install zip from sdcard), and from this point when my phone
boots up, it goes in to a loop between the cyanogenmod boot screen and the google start screen ("touch the
android to begin").
I tried going back in to recovery and wiping data + cache partition + dalvik cache, and reflashing just the
cyanogenmod, but I can't get rid of the google apps screen and the boot-loop.
does anyone please know how I can recover from this??
Thank you

Hi
I have a galaxy s i9000
I just flashed my first rom, cyanogenmod 7, and it worked well.
then I flashed google apps (through clockworkmod -> install zip from sdcard), and from this point when my phone
boots up, it goes in to a loop between the cyanogenmod boot screen and the google start screen ("touch the
android to begin").
I tried going back in to recovery and wiping data + cache partition + dalvik cache, and reflashing just the
cyanogenmod, but I can't get rid of the google apps screen and the boot-loop.
does anyone please know how I can recover from this??
Thank you

Did you flash the correct gapps file? I know most of gapps zip are universal now but what phone do have so I can move you to the appropriate forum where you can get better help:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones