• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Poblano hot pepper cell phone

Lu Ann Ford

Lurker
Jul 10, 2019
I love this phone I got from Qlink but the camera is useless!! Is it just my phone or all of this model?? I hope it isn't all these phones because everyone needs to take pictures now and then but you can't tell what the picture is on my phone after taking it and I have tried everything!!

I'd never heard of this phone, probably because it only works on CDMA networks which only exist in a few countries. But I have to admit that after looking at the specs you should count yourself lucky that it can run Android at all: the SoC is one normally used for watches, the display resolution is more 2010 than 2019, RAM and storage are 2011-level. I'm genuinely impressed that it's usable at all :).

As for the camera though, anyone bundling a 5MP camera in 2019 is using the cheapest unit they could find, so quality was unlikely to be a factor in their choices. Not having seen samples from yours, or from another sample, I can't say whether you have a typical one, a particularly bad example or a faulty unit. But I do agree with Danny that you should not have high hopes for the quality of photos from even a good unit of this phone.

Upvote 0
I'm not at all familiar with the phone. But for nine bucks you can't expect much at all. That price is less than a hundred times cheaper than today's flagship devices. I would think at that price the manufacturer would be hard pressed to recoup the cost of the hardware, much less the development and software. Nine dollars doesn't buy much tech. For that little investment I wouldn't expect more than the ability to charge and place a phone call. However, if it is marketed with the ability to take a picture, it should take a picture.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones