• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root (Port) Behold 2 1.6 ( No Twiz w/ Busybox & Rooted Kernel )

Hi everyone and special thanks to BH_Man and all of you. This is my first time installing a Custom ROM, so I've been digging through the forums trying to figure things out. The only question I have right now is how long does the process take. ODIN's timer just hit the 30 min mark and I want to make sure I didn't miss pressing something to start the download to the phone.

Thanks again:thinking:

What do you see in the Message Area? (Lower left corner of the screen).

It almost sounds like your phone is not in Download Mode. Be sure to Press Volume Down - OK - End Call until you see the screen say [Download Mode] at the top left corner. It usually takes 6 seconds for this to happen.

Upvote 0
I have done the above and rebooted the phone, but the application menu still refreshes every time I launch it, any idea?

Thanks!

Same here. Not a deciding factor for me, but really annoying, and I imagine it eats some battery too. If there's a fix for it, it would be great. This is an amazing build, lightning fast, and I can't wait to get my first full day of use from it!

Update: The App Menu problem fixed itself a couple of hours after I changed the setting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones