• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root {PORT} Behold 2 Stock ( No Twiz w/ Root & Busybox )

I can get into the market, but when I do, it prompts me to log in to my google account, which I can't do without a keyboard.
Can you long press on a text area and choose Input Method. It should have some keyboard there.

If not you can try to push the keyboard in.. for example if you are using the HTC_IME.apk (HTC Sense Keyboard)

You can open adb and do the following:
adb install HTC_IME.apk

Just make sure to put the HTC_IME.apk in the tools folder of the android-sdk.

Or alternatively you can place Astro File Manager in your tools folder of your sdk and do:
adb install <filename>.apk

Upvote 0
Okay, I found a bug.

Can't download from market. It just continuously stays on the download bar showing no progress. I tried with 3G and wifi turned on and both had the same results.

Did you do a factory Reset? If so... Power off then Power on, I had a weird moment like that as well, and another reset fixed it.

Yea I did a factory reset and powered off once after that. I'll try once more and see what happens.

After 2nd power recycle it's working now. Had to get taskiller running to see how much available RAM. At the moment I'm running about 21 processes and it's reporting 107MB free.

so far so good.
I would repeat what Shawn1224 did. Make sure to factory reset as it seems you have some problems from the beginning (no keyboard and market)...

Upvote 0
ok installed this and it runs fast! not sure how much faster compared to the galaxy mod, as I haven't tried that out. if anyone can compare would be good. but this has camera and vibrate. and the cube button works!

i have found a bug tho i think. if you go to settings > display, and then try to change wallpaper it throws an error and force closes.

so how do I change the wallpaper now?

Upvote 0
Please help. My phone is the only way I have internet.
I followed instructions and as soon as I rebooted.
It asked me wether I wanted to use GDE or AdvancedLauncher.
I chose advancedlauncher.

It kept giving me.
Force closes.
Something about acore not loading.
Endless windows of forceclose ACore.
Pointless, to close, so I press my home button to use GDE.

So I went to GDE to use the GDE menu so I could factory reset, because anything on AdvancedLauncher would "force close" me.

Bad mistake.

Now I don't have GDE to stabilize and am stuck with force close.

Upvote 0
I thought I was safe. I never used ADB before, or modified my phone in any hardcore way. ^^ I luckily found a slow wifi signal near my window and am waiting slowly for odin to finish downloading ^^.

EDIT: My Odin is stuck :( :( :( :(

After about 20 minutes nothing was happening so I stopped it..

When I restart my phone it now takes me to a black screen with exclamation mark. Says.
USB Connection established.
Press downloader start button..

I press the thing to go to download mode.

Its still at: <1> setup connection...

whyyyy

:( :( :( :( :(

Really sad, what am I to do?
I'm not with T-Mobile so how can I send to Samsung?

:( :( :( :(

Upvote 0
I thought I was safe. I never used ADB before, or modified my phone in any hardcore way. ^^ I luckily found a slow wifi signal near my window and am waiting slowly for odin to finish downloading ^^.

EDIT: My Odin is stuck :( :( :( :(

After about 20 minutes nothing was happening so I stopped it..

When I restart my phone it now takes me to a black screen with exclamation mark. Says.
USB Connection established.
Press downloader start button..

I press the thing to go to download mode.

Its still at: <1> setup connection...

whyyyy

:( :( :( :( :(

Really sad, what am I to do?
I'm not with T-Mobile so how can I send to Samsung?

:( :( :( :(

change the cable, change the usb port, run Odin with administrator

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones