• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ( Port ) Galaxy 1.6 on the Behold 2 Final

Couple things...

When going into my gallery, I get a force close for some reason. Also, my phone seems a bit sluggish compared to the last rom I was running from BH_MAN. Any ideas why?

because it running an older version of this....

Q) BH_Man, is this port based on JC4 or JC5 from the Galaxy?

I know that JC5 is out for the galaxy... XEJC5 is Out!!!

A) Sorry guys... It was based off JC1.
I'll Update it when I get time to a Newer Version...

Upvote 0
because it running an older version of this....

Q) BH_Man, is this port based on JC4 or JC5 from the Galaxy?

I know that JC5 is out for the galaxy... XEJC5 is Out!!!

A) Sorry guys... It was based off JC1.
I'll Update it when I get time to a Newer Version...

Yeah I read that. Didn't realize that made everything sluggish. Good to know. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Is it impossible to remove things like the launcher or dialer and replace them with something else? I'm not talking about having both on one phone but to actually remove the original and replace it with something new? I'm asking cause there is some sweet dialers for the G1 and a semi functional nexus one launcher at xda and I was thinking if we can't do anything in adb without the OS being booted is it possible to still take care of these items.

Upvote 0
1. Unzip the zip file.
2. Open Up ODIN Multi Downloader
3. Click the OPS button and choose Behold2_partition.ops
4. Click the PDA button and choose the md5 file (for this current release choose BH_MAN_DONUT_R1.tar.md5)
5. Turn off Phone.
6. Plug phone into USB.
7. Put phone in download mode (Vol Down + OK + END Button)
8. Wait till detected and press START.
9. Enjoy the Port.
here you are

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones