• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ( Port ) Galaxy 1.6 on the Behold 2 Final

this is what im getting after attempting it many times " adb is not recognized as a internal or external command.operable program or batch file " / im running ccomand prompt
and i have everything insalled or hardware from my behold 2 on windows xp.

i dont know what to do . can u help me

OK, PAY VERY MUCH ATTENTION TO MY WORDS:

Before Posting for help, you are REQUIRED to:

1. Read the error messages and try to understand.
2. Search every thread.
3. Search the web
4. Do 1,2,3 over and over.
5. If you still can't resolve the issue, go away and take a break and then try 1 - 4 again and again.

And if you still can't resolve the issue Then (and only then) you post for help, and when you do, you need to be more specific and give us everything we would need to understand what you have done and what error you get so we can help.

This is not a help desk, this is a support forum, you need to make sure you use all your options before you post.

Don't get me wrong, Nobody here minds helping, but we can't hold your hand and do everything for you. Many of us here have achieved our knowledge by countless hours of study and reading, you need to try to build yours too.

AIRBORNE!

Upvote 0
OK, PAY VERY MUCH ATTENTION TO MY WORDS:

Before Posting for help, you are REQUIRED to:

1. Read the error messages and try to understand.
2. Search every thread.
3. Search the web
4. Do 1,2,3 over and over.
5. If you still can't resolve the issue, go away and take a break and then try 1 - 4 again and again.

And if you still can't resolve the issue Then (and only then) you post for help, and when you do, you need to be more specific and give us everything we would need to understand what you have done and what error you get so we can help.

This is not a help desk, this is a support forum, you need to make sure you use all your options before you post.

Don't get me wrong, Nobody here minds helping, but we can't hold your hand and do everything for you. Many of us here have achieved our knowledge by countless hours of study and reading, you need to try to build yours too.

AIRBORNE!
how rude..
u cant even help me yet, you have all the time in ur life to a post a long comment when u could have just saved ur breath and gived me a hand and helped me. oh well threres people like that in the world.
nevermind go away i dont want to know.

i guess i will just wait till r12 :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
how rude..
u cant even help me yet, you have all the time in ur life to a post a long comment when u could have just saved ur breath and gived me a hand and helped me. oh well threres people like that in the world.
nevermind go away i dont want to know.

i guess i will just wait till r12 :rolleyes:

Look at the weakness in your own words, you saw insult were a key was given. You have much to learn young one.

The answer that you seek is all over this and other threads in the same division. SEARCH!

AIRBORNE!

Upvote 0
Have you checked and see if your phone is sleeping properly? After you "lock" it, wait 5 minutes and make sure only the "END", "CUBE" and "LOCK" buttons wake up your phone. Also, after a "Full" charge, turn your phone on and "Push" Eugene 373's BATTERYSTATS.BIN file and then reboot. That helped my battery life a lot. Make long story short, I was getting 8 hours of heavy use and now getting 30 hours of heavy use. Good luck.

NOTE: rename attached file extension back to .bin

command: adb push (location of file)batterystats.bin /data/system
example: adb push c:\users\owner\desktop\batterystats.bin /data/system

assuming the file is located in your desktop and you're logged in as "owner"
hey im sooo sorry to ask this noob ? . but is there another method of doing this ? im having probs and i really want to do this sleeping fix. by batterry is also about 8 hrs like u said and i want to raise it up.
do u think i cud just put it in mass storage and transfer it to phone and the reboot or will this not work like that ?
again sorry but please reply .

if u dont have a good answer instead of yelling to me then dont answer at all

Upvote 0
this is what im getting after attempting it many times " adb is not recognized as a internal or external command.operable program or batch file " / im running ccomand prompt
and i have everything insalled or hardware from my behold 2 on windows xp.

i dont know what to do . can u help me

Sounds like you're running adb commands from with in adb shell...
Which is why you would get such an error...

C:\ ( This is where you run those Commands

# ( this is inside of adb shell & you can't run adb commands.. )

or, you don't have sdk installed at all....

As always.... http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-behold-2/65738-how-thread-adb-shell.html

Upvote 0
my stats on my battery life are dum says i have spent 37 mins wihtout sleeping which i havent . i need that sleep bug and baterystats fixed i bet that will fix my baterry which i bet.

cause its info is under battery usage

um... I answered...

Such a Fast Reply & No Testes was Given, before anyone can help you, you have to be able to help yourself...

Here, Let me Google that For you

You are Welcome! But I can't be there to make sure the Drivers are installed correctly!

Upvote 0
Sounds like you're running adb commands from with in adb shell...
Which is why you would get such an error...

C:\ ( This is where you run those Commands

# ( this is inside of adb shell & you can't run adb commands.. )

or, you don't have sdk installed at all....

As always.... http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-behold-2/65738-how-thread-adb-shell.html
\

Can you please tell me which one I should download and install by ODIN . Which one that is easy and no need for adding or removing anything , I am considering on the last one " 1.6 NOTwiz , but you have an apk file under it .

So which one I should pick for just easy for me , the last one right ? I just want to install 1.6 NoTwiz so I can have vibration , I don't want to do anything outs . I just need OPS and one MD5 file to install using ODIN .

Does the last file will be include everything right ? , but why does it have that apk file underneath

BH_MAN_16_NoTwiz Download > BH_MAN_16_NoTwiz.zip

Stock 1.6 Mms.apk > Mms.apk
To Remove Old TwMms.apk

What is TwMms.aplk , I read the thread how to remove it , but I still don't understand the process .

How-to Thread For ADB SHELL - AndroidSPIN Forums

Like we need to open command promt again , but how do we get start to remove it , I know I will use command promt , but what next ?

Upvote 0
Many responses and answers have been given, i think its the font size. Here you go...
Number 1 RULE when Changing Rom's....

1. FUlly Charge Before doing an ODIN....
2. Let It Fully Die and Power Off & Charge Full while Off..
3. When Possible, use 2G when not using Web & Market
for longer Battery Life.
4. Doing the above will Show major Improvements!

Reactions: megabiteg
Upvote 0
i did number 2, but it seems like the battery gets drained when not using at all, i dropped to 95% by doing nothing, whats wrong??

Clarification: This is the fix for Galaxy "No Sleep" bug

For galaxy 1.6 users:

Push this http://www.drakaz.com/FILES/GALAXY/dlfree/services.odex to /system/framework/

Then I pushed BHMAN's "batterystats.bin" to /data/system

REBOOT

I used the fix and no more sleep bug. 30 hours of heavy use :D Please, all the answer about sleep bug is stated above. Research the rest if you have any more pertinent questions. I am not responsible for misuse of the above information.

Reactions: ivan2893
Upvote 0
that is a broken link^^^

Wow, do you think Samsung has something do with it? :D Here's the file you need. Just change the file extension to .odex DO NOT UNZIP! I had to change the file extension to something that will allow me to upload it. It should read "services.odex" Let me know.

Attachments

• services.apk
    978.1 KB · Views: 99
Reactions: mjgyesme
Upvote 0
Can someone who has R11 with the updated Kernel, batterystats and services.odex let me know what your phone shows under:

Settings/about phone/battery use

Mine:

Android System 90%
Cell standby 4%
Phone Idle 3%
Voice Calls 3%

I am still seeing only about 10 hours of moderate/low use on my phone before I need to recharge it. I have verified the phone is sleeping as well.

Upvote 0
Fordude, I'm in the same boat. Batterstats.bin and services.odex have been pushed over for a couple days, but i've only seen 9-10 hour charges since. I made the mistake of pushing the batterystats.bin over while it was only half-charged, though, so I'm going to remove the batterystats, reboot it, make sure it's fully charged, and then repush both the batterystats and services. I'll let you know if that helps.

EDIT: After about an hour, the battery seems to be doing better. I'll update tonight and tomorrow.

Reactions: Fordude
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones