• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Possible Battery Fix from HTC

Sorry for the delay.

The Process ID's are the same. Just 2 exact copies.

Yes I already mentioned I'm using Launcherpro. I also asked in a previous post if that's what could be causing it.

Yeah, sorry for the dup questions - I'm trying to follow a lot of issues, hard to keep them all straight. I'd thought you were NOT running LP somehow.

I _think_ the two a.p.acores might not be the end of the world - hopefully, that's just our tools' way of trying to signify a forked process or some sort of multiple threads - and it's been reported before by others adding launchers.

I've come down to at least one detail not right and that's one too many - I never like assuming all is well is when even a single observable says otherwise, so I'm going to dive and do the factory reset later today, as soon as time allows.

Like you - I have a LOT of customizations.

First - guess I gotta go try to back up everything. And - I always miss something. ;)

FWIW - in your case, maybe try to get some advice from others using LP. It was my understanding that HTC made access to that at 1.47 harder (impossible?) so there may be something in minefield you'll want to avoid with the right advice.

Sorry I couldn't do more to help, but I think this taps me out for your issue.

Reactions: ThatNewAndroidGuy
Upvote 0
This just in from Tao Te Ching Dashboard app (OS X) - 64:

DailyTao.org
Sunday, 1 August, 2010 :: 64

What is rooted is easy to nourish.
What is recent is easy to correct.
What is brittle is easy to break.
What is small is easy to scatter.

Prevent trouble before it arises.
Put things in order before they exist.
The giant pine tree
grows from a tiny sprout.
The journey of a thousand miles
starts from beneath your feet.

Rushing into action, you fail.
Trying to grasp things, you lose them.
Forcing a project to completion,
you ruin what was almost ripe.

Therefore the Master takes action
by letting things take their course.
He remains as calm
at the end as at the beginning.
He has nothing,
thus has nothing to lose.
What he desires is non-desire;
what he learns is to unlearn.
He simply reminds people
of who they have always been.
He cares about nothing but the Tao.
Thus he can care for all things.

Translation by Stephen Mitchel.
DailyTao.org Widget by Glen Sanford.

Upvote 0
I was having the Uptime/Awake problems yesterday and was getting horrific battery life. So I did a hard reset last night, which seems to have fixed it.

Since 9:30 AM i've Tx/Rx 182 texted, had WiFi on for half the time, downloaded about 100 megs worth of Podcasts and applications, surfed on it, set it up, and made about 20 minutes worth of phone calls.

All in all, I'm at 24% right now, so I consider that to be pretty good and on par with what I'm used to.

Upvote 0
So far it seems Froyo has shown a marked improvement is battery life for me.

The only app that's changed since 2.1 is that I removed the droidX keyboard (because it force closes constantly). No task killers, no turning off mobile data or anything else that gimps the phone.

On 2.1 I could not even use it and have it begging for a charge 6-7 hours later.

I had it playing mp3s for over an hour this morning while I did some yard work. It's been 3.5 hours since unplugged it and I'm looking at 78% battery remaining.

I'm VERY happy with Froyo so far.

Upvote 0
17 hrs 40% left and I've recorded some videos (1 reg, 1 qik), done an hour or so at least of browsing, check several emails and played around with the widgets a bunch. (I have 11 widgets running on my home pages).

This is about what I was seeing on 2.1 with juicedefender. I agree that the stand-by,idle battery life is much improved.

Upvote 0
First off, I did the froyo update late on Friday night. (I haven't had the uptime/runtime issue like everyone else seems to be experiencing, FYI.) Thus far, I haven't read, on any site, about someone else experiencing this problem, but here we go.

After playing with a couple things to see the difference, I noticed that after an half hour my battery went down almost 17%. It was way too late at night to do anything about it, so I plugged my EVO into the wall outlet and crashed for the night. When i woke up the next morning, after 6 hours of charging, my battery was down even further. I thought that I just didn't plug it in correctly and went about my very busy day without being able to do anything about it and moderate use on the phone. I had a charger near me all day (it did accept the charge), so my EVO was able to make it through the day without dying but I still noticed the battery draining like crazy when not near a charger.

I plugged in my phone at 11 pm last night with 59% charge, woke up to my daughter at 715 singing a song in her bed, and there was a 5% charge left!!!:eek: I know that I plugged it in correctly because I saw the yellow charge light come on and I checked an email before falling asleep (life of a saleman).

Long story short, after spending 5 hours this morning trying everything on this thread (uninstalling LED light, monitoring processes, killing apps, hard and soft resets, etc. etc.), I tried EarlyMon's GSM-CDMA reset, even though it was still on GSM!!?? That has seemed to work and now my EVO is experiencing tremendous battery life. After charging it to 99% at 119 pm, with moderate use of surfing dolphin, texting, checking a couple of voicemails, my battery is still at 90%.

One thing I have noticed with froyo though, is that apps are popping up and running much more frequently than before, and even with ATK on the most aggressive setting, upon killing them they start right up again. I don't know if this is an issue with ATK on froyo or what. So I am in the process of looking at new TK's that may also help to kill processes at the same time. Any Suggestions???

EarlyMon thanks a million. I was afraid that I wasn't going to get any sleep tonight trying to get this newly appointed, gigantic piece of my life figured out. I really think I would be lost without my EVO!!!

Upvote 0
K noticed 1 weird thing, might be my imagination. I turned off auto-rotation. I dont rotate my phone except to txt, and my battery seems to be even a lil better? Im sure its peanuts at best but, it seems to be enough to notice the difference? I like the auto-rotation, for sure, I will end up leaving it on but, was just curious if anyone else had messed with this - with it having been 1 of the Froyo changes. Thanks!

Upvote 0
How does one go about uninstalling the flashlight? The OS won't let me.

If you're reffering to the "LED Light" people are talking about its not the new "Flashlight" program. If youre talking about the "Flashlight" I dont belive you can remove it unless your rooted. Feel free to correct me if im wrong.

* @Painkillaz Did you try switching your radio to GSM and back to CDMA? Earlymon has a post in this thread describing how to in detail using "Network" app from the market

Upvote 0
If you're reffering to the "LED Light" people are talking about its not the new "Flashlight" program. If youre talking about the "Flashlight" I dont belive you can remove it unless your rooted. Feel free to correct me if im wrong.

* @Painkillaz Did you try switching your radio to GSM and back to CDMA? Earlymon has a post in this thread describing how to in detail using "Network" app from the market

Yea I did that after posting so hopefully that will help i guess I will have to wait until it fully charges again and then wait another 4 hours

Upvote 0
Yeah, sorry for the dup questions - I'm trying to follow a lot of issues, hard to keep them all straight. I'd thought you were NOT running LP somehow.

I _think_ the two a.p.acores might not be the end of the world - hopefully, that's just our tools' way of trying to signify a forked process or some sort of multiple threads - and it's been reported before by others adding launchers.

I've come down to at least one detail not right and that's one too many - I never like assuming all is well is when even a single observable says otherwise, so I'm going to dive and do the factory reset later today, as soon as time allows.

Like you - I have a LOT of customizations.

First - guess I gotta go try to back up everything. And - I always miss something. ;)

FWIW - in your case, maybe try to get some advice from others using LP. It was my understanding that HTC made access to that at 1.47 harder (impossible?) so there may be something in minefield you'll want to avoid with the right advice.

Sorry I couldn't do more to help, but I think this taps me out for your issue.

No problems thanks for the help/input you have given me. Look at this...

Up Time: 4:53:xx
Awake Time: 0:35:xx

No idea why there's such a gap now. The only thing I remember doing was removing the Engadget app. Does it actually take a while, even if the screen is off, for it to "fall asleep?" I would think it starts right when you hit power to shut off the screen.

There's still 2 android.process.acore processes there as well.

I don't know, I just hope HTC was right when they said it was not the final product/build. I even remember seeing screenshots from other Froyo builds, and the menus were just black with white text, not colors like ours now.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
I tested my battery life today. The results were suprisingly good, I use the stock battery and it was fully charged this morning. I do not use task killers at all, I played music to and from work which is an hour both ways and I streamed them to a bluetooth headset. I made 4 calls about 10 minutes all together. Sent and recieved text messages, browsed this site for 15 minutes. Took 4 pictures. Checked email 5 or 6 times. Here are the results

Time off charger: 10 Hours and 47 minutes

Android System: 29%
Cell Standby 26%
Phone Idle 23%
Bluetooth 8%
Dialer 5%
Display 4%
Voice Calls 3%
media server 2%

The battery thing I just installed said I still have 24 percent charge left but I just plugged it in to my computer so I could post this, I could have gotten another 3 to 5 hours out of it I think. Seems these batteries are hit or miss. But im loving my Evo and the battery life.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones