• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Possible BRICK PLEASE HELP!!

I joined for information & to learn more about the Android system. I am a beginner with the andoid & would like to Thank everyone here who helped me out a & it was a good learning process for me. I know now how to flash the phone back to stock & I think a custom rom is not to much more difficult & I was glad I had clockworkmod on my phone when this happened to me (run on sentence). THANK YOU agentc13, marc12868 & everyone else for Saving me & your support a true life saver.
Mike

Upvote 0
Seeing this kind of play by play help is one of the reasons I joined the forum. I dig the teamwork :)

Same reason I joined this site,everyone here helps out and isn't mean about it, I've even thrown my hat in to help new users with issues I've had just to take any extra loads off devs and mods

Also clockworkmod is probly the 1 thing everyone should have/want, the ability to truly make a whole backup of ur phone in almost one shot, not to mention the ability to flash custom Rom if wanted

Upvote 0
HeyI don't mean2intrude but u seem like ya def know whats good w/this modding n stuff... I have a motorola triumphI did the cwm recovery&cm7,but didnt like itso I left it alone for awhile after I reverted back to stock. Everything was good for awhile until recently my phone started rebooting all by itself out of nowhere for no obvious reasonSo I got tired of it&2day"thought"I would alleviate the problem!So I thoughtlolI saved to my comp what was on my phone then went & deleted everything to try&start from scratch. I put the stuff back on lil by lil&in all sorts of combinationsI can not get it to go into bootloader mode or do anything except vibrate continously no matter what I do!I've searched everywhere on here&the web for answers , how to start from scratchI think I have all the files needed but ndon't know the order or where or exactly howto go about fixing my triumphant(pun)mess up!Could u/would u please help a dumbass newbsterout?I would tremendouslyappreciate it!Thanku inadvance!

Upvote 0
HeyI don't mean2intrude but u seem like ya def know whats good w/this modding n stuff... I have a motorola triumphI did the cwm recovery&cm7,but didnt like itso I left it alone for awhile after I reverted back to stock. Everything was good for awhile until recently my phone started rebooting all by itself out of nowhere for no obvious reasonSo I got tired of it&2day"thought"I would alleviate the problem!So I thoughtlolI saved to my comp what was on my phone then went & deleted everything to try&start from scratch. I put the stuff back on lil by lil&in all sorts of combinationsI can not get it to go into bootloader mode or do anything except vibrate continously no matter what I do!I've searched everywhere on here&the web for answers , how to start from scratchI think I have all the files needed but ndon't know the order or where or exactly howto go about fixing my triumphant(pun)mess up!Could u/would u please help a dumbass newbsterout?I would tremendouslyappreciate it!Thanku inadvance!

Here's what you need to do:
1. Download Bone Stock Rom on a computer and put it on your sd card if it's not there already by using a card reader.
2. Take the battery out of your phone and unplug all cables from it.
3. Hold power button for ~30 sec.
4. Replace battery and then boot into recovery mode (simultaneously press power, volume up, and volume down).
5. Wipe data/factory reset
6. Wipe Dalvik cache (under "advanced")
7. Install zip from sd card (navigate to download zip and choose)
8. Reboot

Upvote 0
im not sure if he'll be able to do that currently lol, im not to sure but what ive been getting from what he's saying is

i believe he deleted all files and folders from the phone, then went into bootloader/download mode and deleted all those files and folders in the hopes that it would somehow bring his phone back to stock

the first problem id say i see with that is our phones from everything ive read, Will not boot up fully or shut down fully without the boot files

i think hes basically bootlooping but theres no image on the screen cause he deleted it all

again im just guessing, also i posted trying to help him out in the 100% stock thread he also posted in

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones