• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

possible froyo release!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok this isnt scooby do or nightmare on kitten street, english please...

No, this is definitely not Scobbie Doo.

george-astro.jpg

(Pulled down the hi-res one - if anyone's interested in it: http://fabulousfinishes.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/the-jetsons-astro.jpg)

And ONLY because you brought up kittens - been following XKCD lately?

Here's today's, unlike some, I'm not making that up (mouseover for second punchline):

xkcd: One Two

Just a little visual aid I made:

poster.php.jpg

Where was I?

Oh, yeah:

Five! Six! Ah ah ah! No no, Ten! Ah Ah.. No! MANY! MANY KITTENS! Ah ah ah ah!

~~~

And I think you'll be needing this as well at some point - XkcdViewer - Android app on AppBrain

As you could not translate Rastro ron Rightrare Reet, I suspect you're going to be needing all the humor you can get in 3... 2...

"Uh oh, George! WaSteLaNd just went back on his ten days straight remark." You're very lucky I'm so kind.

Reactions: WaSTeLaNd
Upvote 0
I think it might have had something to do with this contradiction "well, considering after the ooooooooooo 10th one I got a date" and then later "Well it was more like 5 or 6." <lol>

Just a number guys, how does it matter how many times? I don't even know if it was 5 6 10 or whatever . The whole point was to try to get a date, and I got one weather you believe it that's your call, I'm done on this thread thanks earlymon, and the others for a good argument!

Upvote 0
No, this is definitely not Scobbie Doo.

the-jetsons-astro.jpg

And ONLY because you brought up kittens - been following XKCD lately?

Here's today's, unlike some, I'm not making that up (mouseover for second punchline):

xkcd: One Two

Just a little visual aid I made:

View attachment 7571

Where was I?

Oh, yeah:

Five! Six! Ah ah ah! No no, Ten! Ah Ah.. No! MANY! MANY KITTENS! Ah ah ah ah!

~~~

And I think you'll be needing this as well at some point - XkcdViewer - Android app on AppBrain

As you not translate Rastro ron Rightrare Reet, I suspect you're going to be needing all the humor you can get in 3... 2...

Lmao! Ok now I understand the kittens and the vamp!! But your statement was very easy mistaken for scooby foo to me!

Upvote 0
I'm not sure how to look at this.

Are you:
Supporting the tech support folk so they have work to do?

Needlessly wasting time of people who could do something more productive?

The reason I say this is I do not believe that you contacting them over and over will assist in the release of anything but higher prices.

Ughhhh....I think you need to take an Introduction to Management course because you clearly do not understand how corporations work.

Major corporations NEED to have a help and support center. If they don't, then they will have very angry consumers.

Also, how are prices going up if the help and support center employees are doing their job? These people get paid hourly and not on a salary.

An employee working at McDonald's that serves two customers in one hour does not make less than an employee who serves 15 customers in one hour. Nor does this jack up prices!

Upvote 0
You don't think staffing of the customer support center is in any way tied to VOLUME of emails/calls? Just sayin.

Its all included in the percentages of profit and revenue.

A help and support center is not going to drive a units price up significantly. A 5 cent raise (which is basically insignificant) for each unit HTC sells can employ thousands of new help and support employees.

Salary employees are the thing that you have to worry about more, not hourly employees. And other factors such as supply and demand and other economical factors.....but that is getting wayyyyy off topic lol.

Anyways, be happy that HTC replied saying August release of Froyo. Hopefully it stays true and they don't pull a Hero on us. :(

Reactions: WaSTeLaNd
Upvote 0
I'm not speaking only of HTC, nor am I inferring that one person tips the scales and is the only problem. I am going to stop as it seems my intended audience simply can't understand.

Having been on the other side of this, I completely understand.

Each tech support person can only answer so many e-mails and/or calls per day. You can make them work harder, but to a point. There are physical limits, after all. If you get more requests per day than your staff can answer you really only have 2 options. Reduce response times, or, hire more staff.

Reducing response times hurts every customer with a valid support request.

Adding more staff hurts every customer because staff are very expensive. More so than any other individual part of the business. They don't work for free and that money comes from somewhere. The business either has to cut costs or charge more for the products. Cutting costs means (for example) they may have to use a 16bit screen vs. a 24bit screen in their products... charging more means they may have to charge $300 and rebate $100 vs. simply charging $200 because they know a certain percentage of those rebates will never be paid out, meaning more profit.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
You're kidding, right?

That thread references your post.

So based on that, the guy asks Sprint if Aug 5 is for real, and gets the answer that basically anything is possible.

Stones, compadre, LARGE stones.

You may want to check your glasses buddy he says "I happen to talk to a account services rep last night and happened to ask if they had heard about when the EVO 4G would get version 2.2. I was expecting her to tell me nothing, or I don't know, or even sometime in the Fall or Winter. She told me that she is hearing August 5th. I said, are you sure, and she repeated that is what she was told." then he refrenced my post

Ahhhhh can you taste that mmmm that taste like victory!!!

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
You may want to check your glasses buddy he says "I happen to talk to a account services rep last night and happened to ask if they had heard about when the EVO 4G would get version 2.2. I was expecting her to tell me nothing, or I don't know, or even sometime in the Fall or Winter. She told me that she is hearing August 5th. I said, are you sure, and she repeated that is what she was told." then he refrenced my post

Ahhhhh can you taste that mmmm that taste like victory!!!

Sorry, I think that is my fault. I called Sprint 32 times last night to tell them I read on a forum we would get froyo on August 5th. Then I sent 48 emails (not like it's hard...I'll probably send thousands of emails to them tomorrow). I kept hearing the rep ask other reps, I suppose word got around that lot of calls about froyo on August 5th have been happening. I think that means it it true.

Upvote 0
Sorry, I think that is my fault. I called Sprint 32 times last night to tell them I read on a forum we would get froyo on August 5th. Then I sent 48 emails (not like it's hard...I'll probably send thousands of emails to them tomorrow). I kept hearing the rep ask other reps, I suppose word got around that lot of calls about froyo on August 5th have been happening. I think that means it it true.

See!! I told you it would get somewhere :) and you called them 32 times geez buddy I sent 5 or 6 emails you should really find something better to do, and you said something I've explained earlier it MAY be true, do i personally believe it? No I don't considering what happen with the hero all I'm trying to do is share a simple email you act like I'm committing terrorism or something by bugging the very people who's job is to answer emails... come on already... god forbid I post anymore findings, I may find a burning green Android robot in my front yard

Upvote 0
This thread reminds me of this pregnant chick i knew. She wanted to drink and smoke while pregnant, so she kept repeatedly asking the dr about it, call after call, visit after visit, just looking for any bit of hope. Oddly enough, the dr said "fine, drink and smoke..."

So she went back telling everyone the dr said it was ok to drink and smoke while pregnant, and of course, that's what she did.

*my point is that if you pester people long enough they'll cave in and tell you something you might wanna hear to get you to shut up. It happens in support centers daily, and even at McDonald's when they say "sure, i put the ketchup in your bag* ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones