• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post up those screens

Just keeping it simple...

1317888363569.jpg

1317888357997.jpg

1317888307821.jpg

Upvote 0
That sure sounds abnormal. Have you put anything on your phone that could result in increased battery usage? Perhaps you could take a screen shot of your battery graph like the ones below.

Here is a shot of my 21.5 hour usage, with 20.5 on battery. If you look at the second graph, you will see that I put it on charge twice when I was driving to my office at about 20+ minutes each. (During my drive, I use an app called "Waze" that sucks the battery for GPS and constant feedback to the website, so it's plugged in.)

Other than about these two charges and one charge when I went to the theater at ten minutes, the phone was on battery. I used the phone moderately during the day: about 30+ minutes on the phone, surfing the web on 4G for about a hour total, reading and drafting emails throughout the day, and a few downloads and uploads of photos. I would suggest that these results should be typical of what you can expect with an Epic 4G Touch.

I have downloaded about 50 - 60 apps.

I factory reset my phone hoping it cured it .. it did ... it might of been a program that was tryin to access data nonstop ... my OS runs about 20-30% .. my screen is about 20-30% and my system and standby are about mid teens ... i get just about 3 hours of playtime on my phone before it hits the 50% mark ... NO TASK KILLER but i have set TASK MANAGER as a shortcut on my homescreen to replace my phone

SC20111007-030840.png

me hitting a grand slam at a tournament

but thank you guys for the help .. appreciate it

Upvote 0
Are you using a home screen replacement for the dock icons? I like that look.

I am using Widget Locker as a lock screen along with Go Launcher. Go Launcher makes the icons shown in the screen shot automatically transparent. I love that. The icons that don't show in that pic (the ones that I placed on the dock manually) are just stock app graphics. I'm pretty new to Android and would love to make all of the icons transparent if there is a quick way to do that. I am not up for converting everything individually but have wondered if there is a theme or app that would alter all of them at once.

I have folders set up on the pages that scroll to the left and right. That way I keep a clean lock screen and home page and enjoy my wallpaper without a lot of fuss.

It's amazing how much I learn here.
I had zero interest in phones before I used Android on my old Touch Pro 2. I loved Android even on that slow, dying phone. Now that I have a crazy fast Epic I am totally obsessed.

Upvote 0
I am using Widget Locker as a lock screen along with Go Launcher. Go Launcher makes the icons shown in the screen shot automatically transparent. I love that. The icons that don't show in that pic (the ones that I placed on the dock manually) are just stock app graphics. I'm pretty new to Android and would love to make all of the icons transparent if there is a quick way to do that. I am not up for converting everything individually but have wondered if there is a theme or app that would alter all of them at once.

I have folders set up on the pages that scroll to the left and right. That way I keep a clean lock screen and home page and enjoy my wallpaper without a lot of fuss.

It's amazing how much I learn here.
I had zero interest in phones before I used Android on my old Touch Pro 2. I loved Android even on that slow, dying phone. Now that I have a crazy fast Epic I am totally obsessed.

Love it. Gonna have to try this myself. :D

Upvote 0
Rooting is cheating. :)

Rooting is innovating if you ask me lol. We all know what each other gets if not rooted. I mean we all have the same phone. That wasn't my highest either lol. My Nexus S 4G topped that with Matr1x kernel.1.504ghz-1.6ghz is pretty nice on my ET4G. Still STOCK ROM though. No roms worth flashing to me. I don't like tweaked stock ROMS with one color for everything or weird looking icons & transparent this & that. I'll wait for an IC port once Google & Samsung reschedule.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones