• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post your home screens

mine
snap20100719015225.png

i want that wallpaper if its the live one that comes with the driod x. Where did you get that one from. And does my phone have to be rooted?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Pinetrees, though it's nothing special to you, it's amazing to me. I purchased this phone due to my eyesight problems. Your setup is what I need to complete my visualization issues.

Sorry for this but could you tell me the different apps you have here and how you installed them.

Much thanks, Tomween1

That is LauncherPro using the Froyo dock. The weather widget is Fancy Widget, which you can download by scanning this QR code with a barcode scanner on your phone:

fancywidgets.png

Upvote 0
That is LauncherPro using the Froyo dock. The weather widget is Fancy Widget, which you can download by scanning this QR code with a barcode scanner on your phone:

fancywidgets.png

OK so admittedly I'm still an idiot! I looked at the free barcode scanners, but I'm miffed, how do I download them? There is no, straight up, DOWNLOAD showing on any of them!

Also is Froyo hard to install and do I need it to add these items?

Thanks again, bewildered ;)

Upvote 0
OK, think I have my device laid out the way that is most functional for me... I use four home screens (entertainment, home, calendar, social) and am using QuickDesk as an overlay to get to folders, see battery info, and access power control. Overall this works real well for me personally. I am using ADW.launcher with the the Droid X theme.

Entertainment screen:
devicen.png

Home screen:
device2o.png

Calendar screen:
device3e.png

Social screen:
device4.png

QuickDesk overlay:
device5.png

Upvote 0
Howdy!

That's Launcher Pro. You either double-tap the Home button or "pinch" the screen (like how you zoom an image) and all your home/desktop screens display, then you can select the one you want. Pretty nice way to switch between screens vs. scrolling. I like the idea of having each Home screen fine tuned to a specific function like travel, social networks, general home, etc.

Upvote 0
OK so admittedly I'm still an idiot! I looked at the free barcode scanners, but I'm miffed, how do I download them? There is no, straight up, DOWNLOAD showing on any of them!

Also is Froyo hard to install and do I need it to add these items?

Thanks again, bewildered ;)

Use a site like appbrain. You can install the apps straight from there. Here is a barcode scanner: Barcode Scanner - Android app on AppBrain

You can also login and create app lists (apps you want to install). Its a very handy and organized way to keep a list of your apps.

Reactions: TonuStark
Upvote 0
Let me fix the colors first!! No, I'm happy to share..

Retro Clock
Simple Calendar Widget
Weather Forecast (by Francois - the free one)

edit: Colors fixed in original post.

Incredible weather app/widget. Tons of options, GPS or manual, seems to be totally up-to-date with weather data, backgrounds, themes, great find!

I realize my colors were funky too and I saw there was an option to 'invert red/blue' which fixed me up.

Here's my weather now:

e625f619.png

Upvote 0
ill play.

What I cant figure out is how some with LauncherPro have the gray gmail icon. I want that. My red labels icon stands out like a sore thumb

edit: nevermind, found the gray icon :)
View attachment 8660

View attachment 8661

When you hold down on the icon and change it, it will popup with use original icon or launcherpro icons. Choose launcher pro icons and choose the mail one. Or whatever matches what you are putting there. You may have to change it and change it back to choose the icon again. Hope this helps:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones